Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royally Fun Weekend

Our "royal" weekend started off on Friday morning...along with the rest of the world! I am not quite as dedicated as some of my friends to wake up at 4:00 am to watch the royal wedding, but I definitely took advantage of our DVR and watched it when we woke up at 7:30! Brinley watched for about 10 minutes. She was very interested in the princess, her pretty dress, and her crown.

I figured it was worth documenting since it is such a big date in history.


Later that evening, another "princess" arrived at our house- Miss Bekah Burkhart herself! Brinley was asleep when she arrived, but they had so much fun jumping on her bed when they both woke up the next morning.


I think that is definitely becoming a tradition for them.


The Burkharts came into town so Jenny and I could celebrate the birthday "queen", Kristen (Vaughanie)!


We treated ourselves "royally" with brunch at Breadwinners, shopping at Northpark, dinner at The Porch, and dessert and coffee at La Duni. Then we all stayed up way too late talking the night away in our nice hotel room!


I didn't take many pictures because I was off duty, but I did manage to get some shots of all the ladies at dinner. We are all "Queen Mums" in my opinion!




Meagan and Rebekah


Paige, Vaughanie, and Me


Carla and Cassie


We had so much fun celebrating our best friend, Vaughanie!

While we were away, Rocky and "Princess" Brinley played! Saturday morning they went out to Pate, the annual swap meet at the Texas Motor Speedway, to visit Nan and Grandy.


Brinley enjoyed playing with the toys and seeing her grandparents.

After nap they met up with the other Daddies and kiddos to play at the park and eat pizza for dinner. I am so glad they had some Daddy/Daughter bonding time.




And that wraps up our "royally" fun weekend!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the theme behind this weekend, way to be thematic Mrs. McAdams! : ) Thanks again for having us stay with you on Friday night, it started off the royal weekend perfectly! : ) And that pic of you and Vaughanie is beautiful! Teehee, I love the bouncing in the crib tradition, next time, I promise she will wear a "poop suit" just to be on the safe side! : )