Brinley had no problem at all biting that little bunnies head off!
After we got dressed and ready we headed out to Lake Lavon where Daddy Roy, Nonna, and the rest of the McAdams gang had their RV's parked. Brinley was greeted with lots of Easter treats. Seems like the Easter bunny visited there a day early!
Donna got her her very own little chair that she loved sitting in.
And Ree got her a pretty little pink fishing pole!
The Easter bunny even brought Rocky and I some goodies. Brinley loved getting all the eggs and treats out and handing them to their rightful owner.
What could be inside???
After we emptied all the eggs, we decided Brinley needed some egg hunting practice so she set out on her hunt. She was quite good! It was definitely the thrill of the chase for her!
After a try at a nap in the RV, I gave up and let Brinley come out to join in on the excitement. Uncle Corey and Aunt April had just arrived so she helped them open their Easter "bagsket" as well.
Then it was time for another hunt. We knew she would be ready for the official hunt the next day and get the most eggs!
A day without a nap requires constant entertainment, so Daddy took Brinley to see the lake.
When they got back it was time for Daddy Roy's surprise retirement party!
He's finally going to turn in the coaching hat. I know there is lots of fun in store for him in this new phase of life. We are so proud of all his accomplishments!
Brinley was glad to help him celebrate with some of Nonna's mac 'n cheese!
There was a playground next to the pavillion where the party was located. I took Brinley over there once and when she pointed to the slide, I told her no, it was too high. The next thing I know, I look over and Rocky has her at the top, ready to go down!
Luckily he accompanied her and she loved it! I was so surprised by her bravery!
Daddy Roy came over soon after because he remembered when Rocky was little and he fell off a slide that size! So that explains it.... :0)
The party wrapped up and we were definitely ready to head home. We had one tired and dirty little girl on our hands! When we got home, we saw a bunny in our yard. Brinley was so excited! That was the only visit to the Easter bunny that we had this year.
The next morning, I had to be at church at 7:30 to sing so I was unable to take any family pictures in our Easter duds. We managed to grab one pic between services.
I am so glad Royce, Donna, and Rocky's Aunt Ruth came to church with us!
They went back on out to the lake after the first service and I stayed to sing in the second service. When I got there I had a delicious lunch and a sleeping baby in the RV. Nice! Once Brinley woke up, it was time for the long awaited egg hunt!
They went back on out to the lake after the first service and I stayed to sing in the second service. When I got there I had a delicious lunch and a sleeping baby in the RV. Nice! Once Brinley woke up, it was time for the long awaited egg hunt!
Here is a good shot of the strawberry she got on her chin from a tumble the day before. She was pretty zoned out after her nap!
She waited patiently...
and then it was time to start. She definitely didn't hunt with as much excitement and enthusiasm as the day before!
She was very concerned with what was inside the eggs, and in the meantime, the eggs were being snatched by all her other cousins!
It was killin Rocky and I because there was money in lots of those eggs! Oh well, I think she still enjoyed herself. :0)
One thing is for sure, she really enjoyed being around all her cousins! Sweet Chloe always talked to her.
And little Sofie was so cute! She is exactly 1 year and 2 days younger than Brinley. It was so crazy for me to watch her and think Brinley was doing those things last year. So much changes in just one year!
We took a corn on the cob break...
2 comments:
What a wonderful weekend!! Thanks for coming out to the lake:)
I wish you could put your singing from Sunday on here . . .
So funny that you found me through the blog! Looks like you had a good Easter. We should have the girls play soon!
Post a Comment