Sunday, April 10, 2011

An Interview With a 22 Month Old

Brinley, Brinley, Brinley...you are 22 months old today! What have you been up to? What are your favorite foods? I love food and eating. I am often found stuffing lots of food in my mouth at once and having a really hard time chewing it. Some things I ask for on a regular basis are- bananas oranges (cuties clementines- yum!) berries, especially blackberries cheese cottage cheese yogurt crackers carrots peas dried cherries dried cranberries raisins oatmeal

What are your favorite toys?


Little People Zoo Play food and dishes



all kinds of balls...well almost...



There's this one ball that Daddy Roy and Nonna gave me a long time ago. I used to cry when I saw it, but now I am fascinated by it. But, I still WON'T touch it. I am scared but interested. I want Mommy or Daddy to pick it up or roll it around and I want to watch but I won't participate. It's quite funny for them to watch. I have touched it once and gotten quite the thrill. I definitely have my first love/hate relationship with that one!


dress up clothes



Froggy and New One- Froggy has been a favorite lovey of mine for a while now. One night, Mommy had to wash Froggy so she asked me if I wanted a new one. I said yes, and that is how she got her name New One. Now she and Froggy and most of the time found together. I actually say Fro-newone when I ask Mommy for them.


What else do you enjoy doing?


I love doing things like Mommy and Daddy. I want to cook with Mommy's pans, sweep with the real broom, put trash in the trash can, carry my plate to the sink, wipe my face and hands with a napkin and wiping the table.



I play a game called "Bye Bye Brinley" where I get my keys, cell phone, sometimes purse, and sometimes stroller, and I leave the room saying Bye Bye Brinley. Then I come back expecting a big hello from whoever is in the room, and do it again and again. It's riveting.


I love running in open spaces. I like to run and catch Mommy or just wander around outside.


I love to serve people (or stuffed animals) and I am pretty generous. I have my moments where I don't want to share, but for the most part I am found giving my things away. I love to serve people play food. I will just keep showering it on them until it's all gone!


I still love doing any and everything with Ava Woo Woo!


What new things are you doing this month?


-I have some mad directional skills. I can tell you where our house, our car, or restaurants are located. This is usually noted by a "There it is!"


-I am learning my colors. My favorite are red, orange, blue, and pink.


-I am able to remember people and things that happened. I oftentimes repeat things at new places that I did before.



-I am praying for people at bedtime. We have always prayed and I said amen, but now I ask to pray for actual people. It's usually Ava Woo Woo and one of the grandparents.


-I know all my letters and most of the sounds. Again, thanks Letter Factory! Mommy and Daddy say that I am a little sponge.


- I can sing some of my favorite songs now. Open shut them, the ABC song, The Clean Up song, and Twinkle Twinkle Little star are my favorites.



Have you been in trouble at all?


Just your run of the mill toddler behaviors. I still hate to get my diaper changed and for a little while at the beginning of the month, I was kicking Mommy everytime she tried to do it. I received punishment and I haven't done it since. That wasn't too much fun! I also have gotten into trouble about throwing fits in the grocery cart. Mommy is still trying to find a way to make that better- so far her solution is just to leave me at home.


Is there anything you don't like?


I am not a huge fan of getting my hair fixed.



Well little sister, this has been quite a month! You have shown me how flexible, opinionated, emotional, funny, helpful, sweet, and independent you can be. That's quite a rollercoaster if you ask me! But, you know what sweet girl? I wouldn't want to be on that ride with anyone else. You are my best girl and you bring me so much joy. I love you more than words can express!


xoxo, Your Momma

1 comment:

rebekah l. louis said...

beautiful pics of brin in her chair!