Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Still craftin...

As most of you know, crafting is one of my favorite things to do, and even though I am busy, I always end up using a little time each week to do some! A few years ago, my friend Haley asked me if I could make a growth chart for her little girl Katelyn. I had never done such a thing, but decided to give it a whirl...

Well, Jared and Haley welcomed a second baby girl into their family last year who will be turning one soon, so she needed a growth chart too. She and Katelyn will eventually share a room, so Haley wanted their charts to coordinate with one another.
The blues aren't exact, but I think it coordinates pretty well!
My second growth chart was made for Mr. Henry Man Louis. He was one of the only babies I knew at the time so I asked Rebekah if I could make one for him....
Well the Louis' family welcomed Miss Margaret Gray into their family one year ago, so for her birthday, our gift to her was this chart!
I love that my first two customers are returning so close together! I am so thankful for this little side business and the friends I get to paint for!

On another crafting note, a certain little 19 month old has become quite interested in crafts these days. She has been a little snotty and had a cough so we have stayed in most of this week. To prevent total cabin fever, I threw together a couple of little craft projects for the two of us to do together. I am not sure who had more fun with them!

The first project was a little snowman made out of an old spice jar and some cotton balls. First, Brinley filled up the jar with the cotton balls. This took some major concentration :0) We also added a couple of jingle bells so it could become a shaker!
Then she picked out which puff ball to go on top, and which scarf for his neck. I did the gluing, and voila! A little buddy to keep a sick gal company!

And that he did! She loves her little snowman and totes him around everywhere she goes.

Today's project was fingerpainting. I saw this idea in my productive parenting email for the day and thought it would be perfect! First we laid out some freezer paper on our little table.
I whipped up some paints using 1 Tablespoon of flour, a dot of food coloring, and some water. Then she went to town!
She really liked making dots!

Sadly, my camera ran out of batteries at this point in the project so I don't have a pic of the finished product! I took a piece of construction paper and laid it down on top of the paint, then we hung it up to dry.
So much fun! I am glad I can share one of my favorite activities with my favorite little gal!

2 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

yay! glad that we can be a repeat recipient of your wonderful growth charts! love brinley's affection for her snowman.

Haley said...

Love the growth charts! Thanks again for making them... glad to see Brinley is getting into the craft projects stage, such fun!!!