Saturday, January 29, 2011

On the Mend...

Well, I think we have reached the end of our bout with the stomach bug! We have kept the menu bland and very BRATS (bananas, rice, apples, toast, and saltines) worthy-
tried to load up on liquids-
and we are feeling much better!
It has been a long week but I am so glad it has ended with some beautiful weather to get out of the house and enjoy. We met up with Vaughanie/Ava and Rebekah/Henry/Margaret at the arboretum yesterday.

The kids had a blast running and playing outside in the sunshine. We got there early so we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.
Brin and Marge took a break on the hill- it's a lotta work trying to balance yourself and not roll down!
A sibling embrace...which was almost immediately followed by a sibling crash.
Cautious Cathy taking the stairs.
Don't these two look thrilled?!
Oh the beloved deer. Henry couldn't wait to hop on- they are his fav.
And Brinley was quite possessive of the baby deer. Look at that evil eye she was giving!!
She looks very uncomfortable but she wanted to sit there and she didn't want anyone else to have a turn.
We wanted her to share a seat with Ava but she wasn't even a fan of that! Look at sweet Ava.

I am going to blame her bratty-ness on her not feeling well and being worn out. Maybe she had too much of the BRATS diet!
This week has been a major learning experience for me as a mommy. There were definitely moments of contentment- hours holding and cuddling my little girl that doesn't need to be rocked much anymore. Moments of frustration- after washing the 8th load of laundry and cloroxing my entire house over and over. Moments of exhaustion- waking up in the night or early from naps covered in something and getting too riled up to go back to sleep immediately.
But through it all I am so grateful that I am a stay at home mom and I can give my full attention to Brinley, andstay in my jammies all day if need be! I also found myself grateful that this too would pass and my little gal would eventually go back to being an energetic, fun, and happy child. Thank the Lord...and let's not repeat it anytime soon, OK?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sweet post Amy! So glad to hear she is feeling better! I had to laugh at her "rice fingers!" teehee! And she looks so cute in her pics at the arboretum, how fun! Wish we were there! That last pic of you two is so pretty, you look so thin girl! : ) Thanks also for writing what you said at the end there, what a great reminder that is! It is so true too, and i remember feeling the same way a few times when Bekah was sick.