Dear Little Punkin,
What a wonderful month it has been! You have grown and changed so much! I have found myself squeezing you just a little tighter, holding you just a little longer, a kissing you just a few more times because I know you are growing up so fast!
You are a rolling, kicking, batting, grabbing, and standing machine! You love to be facing outward when someone is holding you so you can be right in the middle of all the action. When you get excited, you kick your legs really hard and I can tell you are so happy! You no longer sleep in a swaddle, which means you sleep on your tummy because the minute I put you in your crib on your back, you turn right over! This has made me a little more nervous than usual and I often have to go in your room to feel your back or watch you closely on the monitor to make sure you are still breathing. It's like the newborn days again! I think you sleep more soundly that way so I am glad you made that decision on your own. You know how to roll both ways but you more often roll from your back to your tummy than the opposite. You get over on your tummy and you get really mad because you want to be on your back again. Sometimes you roll back over and sometimes you just lay there and cry! I am not really sure what you want, and I am not sure that you do either! You are grabbing at lots of things like the hanging toys on your bouncer and play mat, but more painfully, my hair! You have the grasp down, but the release is a skill you are still working on.
This month you have also become Drooly McDroolerson and your hands are always in your mouth. You don't care too much for a paci, but you will go to town on that hand. You favorites are your right pointerand middle finger and your left pinky. You are also a fan of the entire fist! I think this could be the beginnings of teeth but no sign of them yet!
You have changed up your sleeping patterns a little this month, sad to say. I knew it was going to eventually happen. You started waking up at 3 am! I was feeding you for a while but the past few times I have just let you exercise your lungs a little and you have gone back to sleep on your own. Then you have slept until 7, which is also very different than your usual 5! We are still practicing and working on naps, and you still hate them. You always cry when I put you down but you are getting better about sleeping longer. Somedays when you wake up too early from your nap, I will just hold you and rock you back to sleep. I know that isn't usual my way of doing things, but I just love it with all my heart. Your little head has carved out a perfect spot on my shoulder. Naps will always be a mystery to me, but I will continue to force them on you because surely all that learning and growing is making you tired! I think you just don't want to miss out on any of the action, and I really can't blame you because I am the same way! The funniest addition to your sleeping this month is your tired sound. You make this humming/grunting /moaning noise when you are sleepy. Its not crying but more of a comforting way to lull yourself to sleep. It's kinda like your own personal lullaby and I love it!
You are quite the charmer, little girl! You have got a million dollar smile and you always know when to shine it! You have stolen many hearts with that smile, including mine. You also laughed this month!! I am so happy that your daddy and I have both made you laugh, along with your first laugh from your Aunt Mary Lou. We don't hear it often but when we do it's honest to goodness the most wonderful sound in the world! If I could bottle it and sell it, I would make millions. I hope you always have the joy of the Lord in your heart and that it always shines from you the way it already does!
I love staying home with you and being your mommy, especially now. You are so much fun to take shopping anywhere I need to go. Just strap you in the Baby Bjorn carrier and you are set! You love to look around and see all that is happening. You are so alert and interested in the world around you. You have also become quite the social butterfly. We have playdates with Renee; Carter, Jake, and Ava; Henry, Luke, Kate and Kara, and many more. You always smile and laugh at your friends. It will be fun to see you interact with them the older you get.
My confession to you this month is that I love to dress you and buy bows for you. It is getting a little out of hand. I am sorry for the mornings that I have made you change clothes 3 times and try on 5 different bows to find the right look. I apologize to you with all sincerity, but there is really no shame in my game. I love having a little girl, and getting you ready in your precious outfits is one of my favorite parts of the day. You won't allow this forever, so I am taking advantage now!
Well, little love, you have made this month sweeter than the last and I am loving every minute of my life with you. My heart swells with pride because I get to be your mommy and watch you grow up into a precious girl. I love you more than words can express!
XOXO
Your Mommy
2 comments:
Happy 4 months old Brinley Jane! I love love love your pumpkin outfit!
I've heard of an angel care monitor (I think that is what it's called)... Anyway, if you are worried about SIDS, it is supposed to monitor their breathing and it alarms if it stops (I think it's like a pad you put under the sheet or something).. Just a thought, so you don't have to continue to do the touch the back and make sure she is breathing thing (which I did forever!!!)
Post a Comment