Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2 Weeks Old!

Wow...how the time didn't fly this week! I feel like I have been breastfeeding, waking at night, and living on a 3 hour rotating schedule my entire life! I love having a newborn, but it is hard work! Breastfeeding hasn't been the best for me. I just don't produce enough milk to fill that little baby's tummy, so I am going double duty- breastfeeding and supplementing with formula. It is worth it to me for Brinley to get the nutritional and emotional benefits of breastfeeding, but it is exhausting!

I must admit though, every night as I drearily drag myself from bed, those dark blue precious eyes looking up at me are enough to tell me that it is worth every bit of hard work! Brinley has done so well with everything and I am so blessed to have a pretty easy going and flexible baby. She will suck on anything from her hand to a pacifier which makes all this switching around alot easier. She sleeps for 4 hour strethes and I know she would go longer if I would let her. She "smiles" at us, which is so cute, even though I know she isn't really smiling yet. She makes alot of funny expressions and we have decided that she must get that from me and my animated face. She loves to be in her swing and she likes to watch me get ready from her bouncy seat. I think she likes the sound of the hair dryer! She also likes to ride in her carseat, which is a blessing.

This week we had a few more firsts worth noting...

First trip to a swimming pool
Daddy had been wanting to take a dip for a while now so we headed over to my friend Jennifer's parents house to do just that. No, she didn't really swim, but she looked dang cute in her suit!!




Becky came over with Jen after workout class to see little miss mc. She did a great job feeding her a bottle and burping her!


Her umbilical cord fell off!
Look at that precious little belly button. I am glad that nasty thing is gone.

First mohawk
Daddy likes to do this to her hair when he holds her. It works especially well with a day of greasy hair under her belt. She might just be developing her mommy's signature "greasy piece"!
Meeting New Friends and Family
Uncle Corey and Aunt April came to meet Brinley

We have had some precious friends come by to bring dinner and meet Brinley. It has been so nice not to have to cook!
Carlos, Kim, and Alexis
Jen Wills
Vaughanie
Henry and Rebekah came over one night too but I didn't get a pic of that one!
Thanks everyone!
No growth stats yet for this week. Our doctor's appointment is Friday. We are hoping she will be back at her birthweight of 8 lbs 8 oz this week. If that is the case, we can possibly start getting her off the formula and on to straight breastmilk. She seems to be healthy and strong, and for that we are so grateful.
"Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

2 comments:

rachel said...

She is adorable! Can't wait to meet her!

Sarah said...

congratulations! i'm so happy for you guys (yes, i've been stalking you from jenny's blog -- sorry about that). brinley is beautiful. i hope i get to see her in houston at some point!