Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Heading Home


Friday morning we were cleared to go home! We had a little scare because Brinley's bilirubin levels were a bit high, but the pediatrician felt like we could be discharged anyways and schedule an appointment with our new pediatrician to see what she felt like we should do next. (And on that note, she is fine now!) We were so glad! Rocky got a page from one of his co-workers saying that his attending physician wanted him to be at a lunch meeting that day so he headed to that for a few minutes while Brinley and I stayed at the hospital to pack up and get ready to go. We were so blessed with beautiful flowers and gifts that we filled an entire cart!

I have share how I was completely humbled when I saw another new mommy being wheeled away with nothing but her sweet new baby in her arms. It made me really grateful for all the blessings I have in my life. I know she has all she needs right there in her arms, but I just felt sad for her as I watched her cram the carseat and herself into a single cab pick up truck. I thought back to my complaints about how my passenger seat was going to be so much less comfortable with the carseat in the back. So many times I find myself comparing my things or situations to other people and coveting what my neighbor has. God used that moment in time to remind me of my sin and of how I should be grateful for all I have. It was something I will never forget, thank you Jesus for that life lesson.


We loaded up the car and nervously buckled in our bundle of joy. It was the scariest car ride of my life!! I watched over the little lady in the back-


while Rocky drove slowly with white knuckles gripping the steering wheel at the 10 and 2.

I got a little out of control with the camera, I think my hormones were making me feel extra artsy!

10 sweet little fingers gripping the seatbelt...
10 perfect little toes on feet crossed like a lady (with my wacky rounded toenails- Court, you will know what I am talking about!)
And 1 beautiful face!! I love her expression- she isn't upset at all but it sure looks like it!

We made it home safe and sound without a tear or a scream. Let our new life begin!

5 comments:

Mauri said...

congratulations to the beautiful new little family!! she is adorable!!! good work you two! we are so happy for you! i teared up at the family picture with rocky looking over brinley all smitten-like....you never knew you could fall in love so quickly and so much eh?? we are glad it all went well. we are SO sad that she came the day we pulled out of town and with the crazy weather just couldn't make a visit work!! we wanted to see her so badly! we are glad to have the pictures! the boys are in love with her and want one of their own....(including the big boy...;)) we are so happy for you to have this precious little angel in your lives!! we hope you are enjoying being at home just watching her every move...email me or call me if you need someone to make you feel better about nursing....hopefully it is getting easier! love you guys!!

The Cochran Clan said...

Oh, Amy I just love seeing pictures of your little princess! I miss her so much! I can't believe she is already 1 week old today. Keep posting lots of pictures. Oh, and so jeleous of her beautiful mommy's toes!!!! Perfect for polish!

sara lindsey said...

i just can't get enough! we're so excited for you. love you!

Kristie said...

Amy, so excited to find your blog and see you guys had a new baby! Our new boy will be 2 mos tomorrow! The beginning is so crazy and scary! Congratulations! We should compare notes on newborns since we're both about in the same place.

Cassie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! (and what a great head of hair!) I am so glad everything went well for you! Enjoy these first days- and rest when you can!! Hang in there! Great posts super Blogger! :)