Tuesday, June 16, 2009

McBaby Story...Part 2

Since Brinley was born early on Wednesday morning, we had to stay in the hospital another full day. I have to say that I didn't mind this at all. I mean really, we were being fed 3 good meals a day, I stayed in my pj's 24 hours a day, and someone was there to get anything I needed. Not bad if you ask me!
A view from our window:
Wednesday night was when all the thunderstorms hit the metroplex so it threw a kink into some of the Thursday visitor's plans. We also were without electricity in the hospital for a majority of the day. Luckily our wing still had AC, the other end of the hall did not! Rocky was supposed to be on call, so he left around 7 to round and start his 24 hours of work. He returned to the room about 15 minutes later and said that his upper level attending physician took his pager and told him to get back to his wife and new baby. It was such a nice gesture because he really didn't have to do it. There is no way for Rocky to pay him back since they aren't in the same year. I was so happy to have my hubby back! Thanks Colin!
We spent the morning staring at Brinley,

napping (why am I not in any of these pictures??)
Rocky likes the boppy more than Brinley!

and having random photo shoots.

Her pretty eyes!

By mid afternoon, we had some visitors stop in to say hi. My teacher buddies Lucy and Becky came and filled me in on workout class, school happenings, and lots of other stuff. I love those gals!

Crystal stopped by and then Marcie and Rebecca showed up minutes later. They are some of my sweet friends from church.

Another wonderful day- headed home tomorrow!

No comments: