Sunday, September 21, 2008

They keep me smiling...

Teaching kindergarteners everyday is an interesting job. On Friday, the kids were being hilarious- I decided to jot a few things down that they said to share with you. My job can be really hard at times but it is comments like these that keep me smiling! Now, keep in mind, these mainly come out at inappropriate times like blurting them out while I am teaching, interrupting me to tell me something while I am working at my desk, or while they are supposed to be resting at quiet time.

One of my little Miss Priss' came up to me and said, "Is there any room for me here? I want to be a kindergarten teacher."
Me: "Leilani, what do you mean? You are a student."
Miss Priss: "I mean, I am ready to be a teacher and I want to teach here! Can I?"

One of my sweet ESOL students came to me and said "I am berry sad."
Me: Why, Daniela?
Daniela: I am sad because I finished my booby ."
Me: "Your what?!"
Daniela: "My booby, you know like on the TV? The booby!
(p.s. booby=movie)

Cutie patootie Nevaeh told me that her mom was coming to eat lunch with her. I asked her if her mom had the day off work. She proceeded to say, " Yeah, my mom got a new job, she's a dentalist!!" (dentalist= dental assistant)

A few of my kids were having a discussion at the teacher table before we started reading group on Friday. Miss Horan, our counselor, came up in conversation. Max couldn't remember who Mrs. Horan was so Jeremiah proceeded to tell him, "You know, Miss Horan, our Cancellor!"

Hope these make you smile like they did me! Here's a pic of the kiddos after our annual Gingerbread Man hunt.

No comments: