I love spending time with Donna because we have alot in common. We love to talk about new recipes, watch cooking shows, read magazines, go shopping, and cook. When we were visiting them a last weekend, Donna found a recipe in a magazine that looked oh so delicious...Cocoa Cake with Caramel Frosting. The frosting looked pretty complicated and tricky, and the article even said it was a lot of work, but did that stop Donna? No way! I hear her clanking around in the kitchen, so I go in to see what she's up to and the next thing you know, I am stirring a pot of sugar and milk! We worked hard on that cake and it ended up being delicious. I don't think I would have tried it by myself, and we both agreed that it took 4 hands to do it, but it turned out yummy. I would say beautifully, but the pictures prove otherwise.

Note to self, don't walk away from the cake until you know it's set.

We still had fun making it. We always have fun with Donna! Have a great birthday!
1 comment:
Thanks Amy, you know we love spending time with you guys, especially because of the things you mentioned. Things that you and I can do during the "football talks". It's been a perfect day - I've had good wishes from my mother, my husband and all of my kids!!
Post a Comment