
Friday night I got in late, and we were both tired, but we managed to stay up a couple of hours solving the world's problems over pita chips and hummus (or maybe I just ate those :0) )
We slept late on Saturday morning and did our best to be as lazy as possible. After a while we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood with Ivy. When we got back we decided to make ourselves useful by getting ready and heading to the mall. We were a bit hungry, so we got a bite to eat at a neat restaurant called The Elephant Bar. It had a sort of Thai/Chinese/African/American theme going on in the decor and menu. The best part of the meal was the sweet potato fries with spicy ketchup...yum! I love going to new restaurants when I am visiting somewhere.
We did a little shopping at the mall and had a great time as always. We both do a good job of justifying each other for the purchases we make...now that's a good shopping partner!
After the mall, we went home to freshen up for our big event of the night- an Oklahoma City Victory Dolls Roller Derby match! Erin works for the YWCA, and the Victory Dolls give proceeds from their games to benefit them, so they have to go and support them at their home games.
Let me just tell you, that was an experience like no other! Here, I'll set the stage for ya- trashy 80's roller rink, lots of goth people with purple hair, tattoos and piercings, and lots of loud rock music. Let's just say Erin and I stuck out like sore thumbs. It took me a while to understand the point of the game, but it was pretty entertaining once I finally found out what to watch for. In a nutshell, there are a group of large women (dolls) on rollerskates with extremely short shorts, tights, and helmets, going round and round and round the roller rink trying to knock one another down while 2 other roller dolls try to get through the pack to score points. I know that was a bad explanation, but if you are curious, you should look one up and check it out for yourself. Sorry for the dark pic- it was hard to catch a good shot in there!

That was all the excitement we could stand for one evening, so we headed back to the house to bed. This brings me to Ivy...little Ivy. She is cute, she was pretty calm ( Erin said this even though she chased me around trying to bite at my socks and play with me) , but you all know how I feel about dogs. All weekend, Erin was on a crusade to get me to love Ivy. It was a process, but by Saturday night, I even let her sleep in the bed with us!!! Now, that is a huge step for me! By the way, Erin has no furniture except 2 chairs, a mini fridge, her bedroom set and a couple of tv trays. She and Jeremy left their stuff in Nashville for now to keep their house "staged" so it might sell faster. So, that is why we were bed mates. It was just like old days on the trundle bed! :0) Ivy did a great job because she stayed at the foot of the bed, she didn't lick my face, and she didn't get too close. I know I am the only weirdo in the world that doesn't like dog "kisses" but I am sorry, that just grosses me out. So, now Ivy and Charlie are on an even playing field as dogs that I have learned to tolerate but still do not accept kisses from!

The next morning we went to brunch at a neat little french bistro then I hit the road back to the Big D. All in all it was a fabulous weekend hanging out with my good buddy. I love spending time with Erin because she knows me better than anyone! I can just be myself and that is always nice. Maybe next time we will include our hubbies in on the fun- I am sure they can't wait!


On the husband note....my sweetie took my camera with him but did not take one picture of his weekend in Shreveport!! I should have known he would let the blog down but I had high hopes for him. I missed him so much that I got him a little souvenier from the weekend...
And that is VD for Victory Dolls all you gutter dwellers! :0)

1 comment:
oh my, was that a shout out to charlie????? wow! that was unexpected but oh so happily accepted! i told charlie and you know what he did? he just started giving me doggie kisses! teehee! good thing you did not tell him to his face! : ) glad you had such a super weekend with erin,that doll game is wacko! : ) it was the perfect souvineer gift for rocky!
Post a Comment