Monday, February 3, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

We were so excited to host our very first thanksgiving in our home this year.  Luckily I didn't have to take care of all the food but we did lots of cooking to prepare for our guests.  Brinley helped me make Granny's famous dressing.  She's a great cornbread crumbler.
 I tried not to get too outta hand but I was super excited to decorate my table.  Since I don't really have fine china, I had to make my turquoise fiesta ware work.  And I think it did just fine!  Turquoise, orange, cream, and burlap was the color scheme.  And of course mason jars for drinking!
On thanksgiving morning, Rocky and I left the kids with Dad and Barbara and ran the Turkey Trot.
 We had lots of fun even though it was freeeeezing.
Me and my neighbor Megan rocked it.  She's my favorite running buddy!  Rocky did his best to keep up with us.  haha
 We met up with two other fun friends McKinsey and Sarah Beth at the finish line.  I call that the perfect start to a calorie filled day!
After the race, it was time to head home and prep for our guests!  Brinley and Cason dressed the part. 
Ree and Nonna arrived first, then Mamaw, Macie, Korey, and Elijah came along. 
Silly time!
 Cason was glad to have a buddy to play with!  I am so glad they were travelling through at the perfect time.
 Dad was in charge of the turkey and did a great job. The green egg doesn't usually fail him!
It was such a blessing to have so many of our precious family members there to celebrate.
 I am so very thankful for all of my blessings.  God has been so good to us! 

No comments: