Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cason's Birthday

Sweet Cason man turned one in October and these days, I would say I'm pretty proud of myselffor blogging it only a little over a month later!  Blogging isn't on my priority list but I so desperately still want to document all the wonderful things that happen in our lives- for loved ones now and for my kids in the future!  So, here is my first attempt to catch up on this little blog o mine.
 Cason awoke to a serenade of Happy Birthday to You from myself, Brinley, and Mimi.  He was very happy!  He had his birthday banner proudly displayed and a yummy birthday breakfast of blueberry pancakes and bananas, two of his favorite foods. 
 He was a happy camper for sure- but that is a pretty normal way of life for him, especially when it comes time for eating!
 After breakfast we opened the gift and card that Sissy had gotten for him.
 She was so excited for him to finally open it.  He was equally excited, you just can't tell by this picture.  haha
 She just loves him so much and it blesses my heart!
 After that we took time to Skype with cousins in Spain.  We were glad Mimi could be there to celebrate with us.
After this Mimi took the kids to the Grace Museum and Erin and I got to work decorating and getting ready for his party!  I have decided I am not a big fan of having the party on the actual birthday because I felt like I didn't really spend as much time with Cason as I had hoped because I was so busy getting ready!  Oh well, he still had a great day and I now know I won't do it again!
 
Here is a rundown of all the decorations.  I did a turquoise, neon orange, black chevron and unicycle theme.  Very random I know but I think it turned out cute!  I chose unicycles because he has a bike themed  nursery and he was turning one- so one wheel fit perfectly!  Here is the invitation:
 
Jars, chevron runners, turquoise tablecloths, and buckets of trail mix decorated the tables.  The wind was terrible so we had to tape everything down!

I decorated our new fireplace mantle with a name banner and a bike tire covered in his monthly pictures. I had bigger plans for this space but the wind decided it all wasn't necessary.
 We added a bar top behind our grill and it was the perfect spot for our dinner spread.  On the menu was a slider bar- buns, mini burgers, chickfila chicken strips,chopped bbq and all the fixins.  We had salt and pepper potato chips, Cheetos, fruit salad, and pasta salad as sides,
 For dessert we had a float bar with cokes, root beer, orange soda, and vanilla ice cream.
 We had vanilla cupcakes and a little smash cake for Cason at the cake table.  Oh and a sweet little sis dressed to match!


 The cupcake toppers were my main inspiration and so adorable!
 for favors I did orange tic tacs that said "Thanks for coming, hope you had a wheelie good time!" as well as orange glow necklaces and various orange colored toys for the kiddos.



Next post will be the actual party!  Then I will get busy on Halloween, 13 month post, Brinley's girl weekend and many more.  Promise!

No comments: