Sunday, October 27, 2013

1 Year Old

Cason Blaine,
You are a whole year old!  Oh my, did a year fly by so quickly!  This has been a year full of many changes and many joys and we can thank you for many of them.  You are the sweetest little guy, always ready with a smile or a clap.  You are so easy going and just go along and do what we need to do.  You have been a blessing the our family and the missing piece to complete us. 
Happy Birthday precious boy!

We had some photos taken of you and here are a few of my favorites.  I didn't take your monthly picture in your chair with elephant because we have this! You are such a big boy!
This was you as a little newborn laying on top of a pumpkin and now look at you! (I had to take this picture of my computer screen because I can't find my photo cd of your newborn pics...oops!) 
A big boy standing all by himself!
At the beginning of the month you stood unaided for the first time and I actually captured it on camera!  You were so proud!  Now you are an old pro. 
You are still pulling up on everything in sight.  This is one of your favorite spots right now- the dishwasher.  You like to pull all the silverware out and even crawl up on the door or over it.  I think you are gonna be a climber.  I found you on the hearth the other day when I wasn't watching.
You have taken a few steps but not with too much confidence.  You will take a step then lean in and fall to the person you are walking to.  No hurry to walk, I know you are really close!
All this crawling and pulling up and cruising you are doing has given you a newfound sense of independence.  Most of the time you just crawl around looking for something to play with.  One day you were very quiet while I was getting ready and I came into the living room to find you with an open red marker and red all over your face and hands.  It scared me at first because I thought it was blood but once I saw the marker I knew you had just gotten lucky and found something of sister's that wasn't put away correctly.  You thought it was pretty funny and had no problem smiling big for the camera! 
You aren't serious too often but I love this one because it shows off your baby blues.  My blond hair blue eyed heartbreaker!  Right now your eyes are only for Mama and I like it that way!
 You can actually be quite silly, and the one who gets the most laughs is your sister!  You will just watch her in the car or around the house and the funniest things get you laughing! Oh how she loves you dear boy.  I know I say it all the time but it's still not enough.  You are a little blessing to her and she loves you the most!
A very funny thing you do with her is try to bite her toes!  When you are standing and holding on to the couch and she is sitting on it with her feet at the end of the cushion, you see the opportunity and go right for those piggies.  She pulls away and laughs and you crack up.  Its so hilarious and I don't know where you got it from because you don't really bite other things.  You end up chasing her up and down the couch and you are both dying laughing.  Its very fun to watch and definitely something I don't want to forget!  haha
 Another person you really love is your Daddy.  He even got one of your first real words- Dada.  You say it right on cue when he's around and if I ask where he is, you go looking!  Yall are buddies and I am so glad!  Your other word this month is ball and it definitely comes out when Daddy is around too.  You know how to throw a ball to someone and you love to crawl around chasing a ball as well.
Really these days anything round is a ball in your book!  Even a pumpkin :0)
You are such a big boy Case man!  At your 1 year check up you weighed 25 lbs and I can't remember how long you were but I can remember that you are in the 97th percentile for both.  You are in a size 4 diaper and size 12-18 month clothes.   
You definitely have it in your genes to be tall and big but you are also quite the eater.  You love all kinds of crackers and cereal, grilled cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  You love chicken and ground beef, beans, and lots of cheese.  You love fruits and your favorites are probably pears, grapes, bananas, and canned peaches.  You love yogurt and cottage cheese and you are loving drinking cows milk instead of formula.  I'm not sure if it agrees with your tummy yet but you sure like the taste!  I am a sucker and a routine follower so I haven't given up your bottle before bed the way I did with Brinley.  I love that time with you and it works so I am not giving it up for a while.  Its one of the few times in the day you will sit still and let me hold you! 
You are just a 12 month ball of perfection in my eyes, Cason.  I love you with my whole heart and I am so grateful that God entrusted me with the task of being your Mommy.  You are my buddy and my sweetest boy and I love you so much!  Happy first birthday!
XOXO, Your Momma

No comments: