Friday, September 13, 2013

11 months old!

Little Mr Case Man-
This is my last monthly post before you are a whole year old.  I honestly cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by.  I know everyone says it, but really son, time.flies! 
You are still so much my baby that it doesn't seem like you could almost be a year, but you are!  You are 11 months old and you are a busy busy boy!
 You are constantly pulling up on everything in sight.  You can even stand on  your own but you automatically drop to the floor because you don't realize you can!  You are also cruising along furniture and can walk holding both hands.  It won't be long!
 
 You have always been a happy boy but now you are starting to play games with me that make you laugh so hard.  You love for me to throw your shorts over your face when I am changing your diaper then look for you and find you with a boo!  You like me to say "achoo!" then you laugh and make a high pitched squeal like you are trying to do it too. 
You have recently started loving it when I will turn my head to look away from you then look back at you and say hi!  This cracks you up silly boy.
It so cute for me to see how much you love your daddy and what a big smile he gets from you anytime you see him.  You will sit and smile at him for a while before he even notices and you just keep at it til he sees.  I always ask "Where's Dada" when he gets home and you look and look til you bust out in the grin.  Its so sweet!
You say Dada a lot and you have started to say Mama a little too.  Your best and most appropriately used word is still uh-oh.  You've got it down pat and you make sure to practice numerous times a day by throwing things down on purpose.  A high chair is one of the best spots for this game.  That's a favorite game of yours, not so much Mommy's.
We have done some fun things this month that are new to you.  One was your first storytime at the library.  It held your attention for about as long as it took me to take this pic. 
 You went to your first West Texas Fair.  You had the world famous Aggie fries and roasted corn on the cob.  Both items made you very happy!
 You actually played in the mall play area and loved every minute of it.
 You rode in the car at the grocery store.  Not sure who was more thrilled by this- you or your sister.
You had your first backyard skinny dip.  Although, you were more interested in the sand outside the pool.
Lastly, you fed yourself with a spoon!  You really liked playing with the spoon most of all but you did a good job with it!
We should probably stay on the subject of eating for a moment because you darling, are an eater!  One day I had you sitting up on the counter while I was feeding you some small bites of pear.  I was holding you very tightly but I looked away to talk to Brinley and the next thing I know, you have this entire nectarine in your mouth and you are chowing down!  You loved every sweet juicy bite and I don't blame you.  You don't want little nibbles, you want the whole fruit!
Another funny fruit story happened in the car one day.  I had gotten you and Brin all loaded up and ready to go but I needed to run something over to the neighbors house real quick so I left you in the car with the air going for like 5 minutes.  I get back to the car to find you happily gnawing away on this apple.  Ree had brought us a bag of apples that day and you were crying so Brinley gave you that to make you happy.  Oh my that could have been really bad but you loved it and it kept you happy for quite some time.  That sister of yours is always trying to keep you happy that's for sure!
Brin started school this month so you don't have your normal buddy around.  I guess I do an ok job of taking her place but you are really excited to pick her up each day.  You love her so much and she loves you too!
You are a little explorer and you love to just crawl around the house looking for something to get into.  Some of you favorite things to do right now are playing with Brinley's stickers that are almost always all over the floor in the kitchen. 
You love to pull them off and move them from finger to finger.  Its amazing to me how much they hold your attention!  You don't even put them in your mouth, which is even more amazing, because you put a lot of things in your mouth!  Another favorite activity of yours is looking out the window, which is usually right next to where the stickers lie, so you can stay in that area of the house for a while!  It's been especially fun the past few weeks because we have had tractors and workers at our house pouring our new patio.  You are all boy I tell you, all boy!
 Your favorite toy this month hands down has been this motorcycle walker. 
You started out just pushing the buttons and listening to the music.  And you showed us how you can dance!  This absolutely cracks me up!
We set you on it once but you didn't move a muscle because I think you were scared to death! 
Then you figured out how to pull up on it so you could reach the buttons yourself.
 And now you are using it to walk!  You don't initiate this, but if we help you get set up, you can really motor! (please turn the volume down, I am the most annoying mom in the history of the world)
All that activity wears you out and you have been happy a few times this month about taking a nap.  Still a very rare occurance but I will take what I can get!  I grabbed a quick blurry shot of you this day when you were so happy to see your lovey Mr. Li Li. 
 Sometimes when you haven't napped well you fall asleep in my arms during your nightly bottle.  I can't resist holding you and rocking you for a while because its just so darn sweet!
 I will miss this sweet time with you when we give up bottles next month.  Even though your transition from baby to toddler makes me sad in a way, I am also so proud of you and all your are accomplishing every day!  You are my precious boy and I love you so much!
xoxo, Your Momma

No comments: