Sunday, August 11, 2013

10 months!

Cason,
Or maybe I should say "littlest one" since that has been my nickname of choice this month.  Not sure why in the world I say it because you really aren't that small, but you are the littlest one in our family that's for sure! 
Along with littlest one, you could still be called the happiest one.  You are still just the sweetest, happiest little man I have ever met.  Your smile is as big as ever and you have no problem flashing it to any and every one.  Maybe its due to your 8 teeth!! :0)  4 new ones this month alone. You smile extra big when the camera comes out, which I am not used to because just now your sister is starting to look at the camera again.  You are a little camera hog and I love it!
You are a friendly guy and have been found to go to anyone that wanted to hold you over this past month.  You don't really possess the stranger danger behaviors that normal 10 month olds possess.  Not sure if that's a good thing, but it is nice to be able to leave you in the nursery at church happy to be with new people. 
There are lots of pictures of you in a shopping cart because I took you and Brinley on a shopping trip to Dallas this month!  You were a trooper and did a great job!
This has been a month of activity for you.  You are crawling correctly now instead of your grab and drag you used to do.  I am glad you are no longer ruining your clothes but of course I miss it because it was so cute.  You are still cute with your big boy crawl and you are so fast and have no problem getting from place to place.
Not only did you start really crawling, you are now officially pulling up on any and everything.  It all started one day when you randomly busted out crying in your crib.  I went it to check on you and found this. 
 
I quickly realized you were crying because you didn't know how to get down without falling.  Such a different reaction to the new milestone than your sister had- she was all smiles and proud.  You were crying and scared! Don't worry though, it didn't take you long at all to figure it out.
You love to stand at this window in my room and watch the birds, the swings sway in the breeze and the bugs fly by. 
Standing keeps you entertained for quite some time.  No cruising yet but I am sure it will be any day now. 
With your newfound mobility, I have had to come up with some creative ways to keep you contained when I need to get things done...like the bathtub!  You are a fan so far!
The funniest part about it is that you are making such a mess with your eating these days that I usually bathe you in the kitchen sink!  So, bathtubs are play pens and kitchen sinks are bathtubs! 
You are still a great eater but I have found you being a little more picky.  You used to gobble up avocado and recently you have just smeared it all over your tray.  You will pick through a tray of food to get the fruit out and avoid green veggies.  Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think you are developing your own tastes!
A new thing you tried this month is scrambled eggs and you love them!  Sorry all you rule followers, I know he isn't a year yet but they are just so easy that I had to go ahead, and I'm glad I did!
 Another thing you tried is a lemon!  This wasn't intentional, but I was holding you on the counter and there was a half a lemon by the fruit bowl.  You picked it up and put it straight in your mouth and liked it!  You kept going back for more and I couldn't believe it!
All this eating has made you grow like a weed.  At your 9 month well check you measured in at 22 lbs and 30 inches long.  You aren't chunky at all but you are stout and heavy.  That's my boy!
You have gotten really good at independent play.  You are busy and like to be on the move but when something grasps your attention, you will sit and play for quite some time.  You are really starting to enjoy your play table that you can pull up on, any kind of ball, and I even found you rolling a car around the other day.  I loved seeing this classic boy play in action!
You love playing with your girlfriend Emma and your buddy Samuel
But your favorite friend is still Brinley!  Yall are the lights of my life!
She is very patient with you because you are starting to really ruin her set ups, like this day she wanted to make a train town.  We decided you were the giant baby monster coming to destroy our town and it worked just fine.  I have tried to teach her to give you something to hold that will distract you.  That usually works well.  I can't wait for the day you can be in on her imaginative play- oh the fun you will have!
You got your first big owie this month.  You were motoring along and fell off the step of Papa and Bebe's deck.  Got a nice little bruise and goose egg but you handled it well.  It didn't stop you one bit!  I think this is going to be a common occurrence for you, so I will just pray bumps and bruises are the extent of your injuries!
You have also become quite the little talker this month.  You say dadada still but now you have paired it with a squeal then a dadada.  You say Mmmmamama when you are sad, of course, and your first real word to use in context is uh-oh.  It's more like uh-uh, but you say it when you drop something. 
You are such a busy boy and your napping still isn't stellar so most nights you are ready for bed by 7:00.  You love for me to read you a book- your favorites are Trucks, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Peek A Baby.  After your bottle you fall asleep on me and its the stillest you are all day, I cant resist holding and rocking you.  You are such a sweet boy. 
Oh Mr Case Man, we love you sooooo much! You are the perfect little fit for our family and I don't know what we would do without you.  We are soooo proud of all you have accomplished this month and we can't wait to see what the next one has in store. 
I love you from the top of your fuzzy head to the tips of your boot covered toes!

XOXO,
Your Momma

No comments: