Little Mr. Cason,
You are 9 whole months old! That is 3/4 of a year! How is that possible? Time has really flown and I think its because you have just stepped right into this family and gone with the flow from the day you were born. You are a precious boy and you a learning so many new things! Here's a little about you this month.
You have started really using your hands to communicate. You can clap and you can wave. I am completely smitten with your little wave, I mean its seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen. You don't do it often and I can't get you to do it for your Daddy so he thinks I am crazy, but here's the proof that you totally know how to wave.
Your clapping comes when we say yay or when I sing Jesus loves me.
Your last hand movement comes with your eating. Oh man son, your eating. You are an eater! I feel like you are constantly starving and will eat any and everything I give you. You are taking 4 8oz bottles a day and you would probably take 10 if I would let you. You even thought this toy baby bottle had some goods for you!
Some of my proudest moments have been when you ate a fry or the bun off my hamburger at DQ. haha You like veggies but when we are out and about and you see us eating you want to be eating as well so I give you what I have. I have succeeded to keep you away from sugar so far but we will see if that lasts for three more months until your birthday. You have learned how to sign "more" and you are very proud when I fulfill your request. This video was taken at said DQ and yes you are in a high chair with no cover and yes you are eating straight off the table, and yes you can overhear me offering your sister a Dilly Bar. Second child my dear, second child. I'm terribly sorry if this scars you but you really don't seem to mind one bit.
You are so good and content to play by yourself with your toys. You love it when your sister is there with you but even if you are alone you are happy. Your favorite toys right now are your talking doggy, dinosaur ball popper, rattles, stacking cups (to bang on the tile), the rubber ducky in the bathtub, and electrical cords. Yep that last one is true even though I do my best to keep you out of them, you are like a moth to a flame! Such a boy already.
Another thing you enjoy playing with are the rings hanging from the carrying pad on your carseat. It's like an Olympic sport for you! ha ha
You are still such a jolly little fella. Its funny though because the things that make you laugh the most are the rough things like bouncing you up and down real hard, tickling you under your neck, throwing you in the air, or when Brinley hits you over the head with a lovey. There is always a moment where I get on to her but she says you like it and then you proceed to die laughing. I guess I shouldn't argue with her because she does know you pretty well and always has your best interest in mind.
You are still such a jolly little fella. Its funny though because the things that make you laugh the most are the rough things like bouncing you up and down real hard, tickling you under your neck, throwing you in the air, or when Brinley hits you over the head with a lovey. There is always a moment where I get on to her but she says you like it and then you proceed to die laughing. I guess I shouldn't argue with her because she does know you pretty well and always has your best interest in mind.
Your sister is still your absolute #1 fan!!
You had some first experiences this month worth noting. You had your first time in a boat, and definitely not your last! I bet we will be dragging you behind that boat on a tube or a ski in no time wild man!
You went to your first rodeo which was your first time wearing boots. Mighty adorable little cowboy!!
You saw your first movie in the theatre, Horton Hears a Who. You slept through the first half then took your bottle and watched the second half pretty well. I can already tell you like movies and tv like your sister because if they are ever on when you are awake, which isn't often, you are all eyes on the tv.

You are starting to take on more big boy physical characteristics. You are growing that sweet blond fluffy hair quickly and you are so tan. In your monthly picture at the beginning of this post you can see your farmer tan very well. I promise I put sunscreen on you but you just tan well. Those top two teeth finally broke through this month and they make you seem so much older. You are such a handsome little guy!
You are a little mover with your form of slither crawling. If I don't keep my eye on you, you're gone! Your poor clothes are suffering from your preferred travelling method so I'm hoping you will crawl on all fours too. I have joked that I am going to make a mop head onesie for you and squirt you with some Mr. Clean and let you go to town cleaning my floors!
Little brother, I am so proud of you and the boy you are becoming. I love you so so much!
XOXO, Your Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment