and AirHeads. Brinley insisted that these were my favorite. She told me earlier in the week that she bought "balloon candy" for me but I just thought it was one of those little mylar balloons on top of a bag of candy or something. Anyways, we enjoyed one together which was very thrilling for Brinley seeing that it was 8 am. (pardon the very close up no makeup shot. its the memories folks, not the glamour)
We spent the day just like any other. Just perfect if you ask me! That evening we went to dinner with Granny and Dad. It was a lovely mothers day!
A week or so before Mother's Day we headed to the metroplex to celebrate my Mom. She turned 60 on April 9 but we couldn't get everyone's schedules to line up until May. I don't think a belated celebration bothered her one bit!
When I found out we would be in DFW that weekend I decided to do something I always wanted to do- see the musical Wicked. It was one of the Dallas Summer Musicals so I wanted to jump at the chance. Luckily I have an amazing friend Rebekah that was willing to tag along! We had a great night out!
And my precious husband gladly watched these 5 wahoos all evening. Everything went really well for him. I think they had alot of fun.
We spent the morning just hanging out and enjoying our last visit to their home in Arlington. They are moving this month to Birmingham AL for a year fellowship. We will miss that little house- we have tons of great memories there!
We started Mom's bday celebration by meeting for lunch at Neimans in the Northpark mall. It's always the spot for special occasion lunches in our family. Let me tell you, the popovers with strawberry butter did not disappoint! We gave mom her gift from us- a necklace with 3 intertwining circles to represent us 3 kids. She loved it.We shopped around a little after that. I mean, we were at Northpark. This Abilene girl can't pass that up!
That evening we planned a dinner at La Duni. It is a latin restaurant that has many of the foods my mom enjoyed growing up in Argentina. Many of our family members from the metroplex came to celebrate. It was a great night.
We capped off the evening by presenting mom with a scrapbook of memories, pictures, and birthday greetings from many of her friends and family.
Then she blew out her candles on a La Duni specialty- quatro leches cake!
I was so proud of both of my kiddos the whole weekend. They showed alot of flexibility. :0) Rocky too. He was really helpful.
I am so glad we were able to all be together to celebrate my sweet Mom!


No comments:
Post a Comment