Saturday, May 11, 2013

7 Months

Mr Case Man,
You are 7 months old today.  7 months of sweetness that's for sure!  I think I say this every month, but really, you have grown so much! 
Here's a pic of you at the beginning of the month...
And here you are yesterday!  You little face has filled out and your cheeks have gotten even more kissable.  You still have that perfectly round little head but it is getting more hair!  Looks like you are definitely gonna be a blondie.  Watch out ladies, this blond haired blue eyed boy is coming your way!
This month has definitely had it's ups and downs.  I will start with the downs because really it's just one down...sleep.  You, my darling dear, are a terrible napper.  Real bad.  You don't like taking naps and they only last about 45 minutes.  I honestly don't know what to do with you.  And sometimes your lack of success with naps leads to behavior like this....you poor little sleep deprived bugger.
 I have rocked you, read to you, put you down earlier, put you down later, and let you cry.  None of those worked.  Your sister used to cry herself to sleep but not you.  You will just keep on until we get you up.  Thankfullly this isn't a real issue at night, although a couple of nights this month you did wake up at 3 am.  Honestly, you are just all over the place!  One day you wake up at 5, the next day it's 7:30, the next it's 6.  But the silver lining on this cloud is that you are so happy even when you are sleep deprived!  I am hoping it's teeth, congestion, or learning a new skill and it will pass.  We shall see.  So now we can move on to our ups!

You have developed an adorable little cheesy grin.  I absolutely love it!  It makes your cheeks even chunkier and your eyes even squintier.  You love to be kissed on those cheeks and I am happy to oblige! Your smiles still light up the universe and your joy is very contagious.  I am so thankful that you are such a happy baby.
You love to take baths- even in the sink!  You splash and kick so much that the bathroom is usually covered in water.  You like it when Brinley joins in even though she splashes back and you don't know what to think about that!

So far you have proved to be much busier than your sister ever was.  You roll all around and kick your legs alot when you are on your tummy.  And you are a grabbing machine.  If anything is within arms reach, you are going for it, and when you get it, it goes straight in your mouth. 

You love to grab people's faces and hair.  So when you happens upon someone with hair ON their face, you go right for it!  Sorry Papa...
 We finally put you in the high chair for eating.  You are so happy in there to eat, take your bottles, or just play and bang toys on the tray.  The first night we tried it, I think you were in there about an hour!  Oops, when you are happy I don't usually move you! 
You are such a good little eater.  So far you have tried butternut squash, zuchinni, green beans, sweet potates, pears, applesauce, peaches, mangos, chicken, and avocado.  You love all of it!  You are eating purees right now and we have tried some bite sized pieces but your pincher grasp isn't there yet.  I am betting it will be here soon!  I love those little pouches of baby food when we are on the go and you like to be able to suck the food right out just like you are taking a bottle. 
You like getting drinks of water from your sippy cup after your solid meals.  You are doing great with this and you will even hold it by yourself sometimes.  Sister loves to help you with this part of your meal.
She really loves to help you with just about any and everything!  You love to lay on the ground and play with her.  Here you are reading your favorite book, Peek-A-Baby!
I think you are still teething although I don't see anything coming in right now.  You are drooling and chewing all the time.  Your Daddy makes fun of me but I truly think babies are teething constantly from about 4 months and on! 
You have started really talking more and more this month.  Your favorite phrase is Uh-Da-Da-Da.  But don't worry, I know you don't realize what you are saying because your first word is gonna be Mama!!  Tehehe.  

Sweetest boy, you are my little man and I love you so much.  Watching you take in this world, try new things, learn new skills, and be your happy little self bring me the greatest joy.  I love you!!
XOXO, Your Momma

No comments: