A big step for you has been your ability to feed yourself! You have been holding your own bottle for a while but now you can take food from the high chair tray to your mouth.
You love any and all foods I give you and I have never once seen you leave food uneaten. I almost always have to just take you away from your highchair when I know you have had enough. You love to eat. You come by it honestly, little man.
You still have your two little pearly chompers but any day now you are going to cut the top two. You chew, bite, drool, and whine about them alot. You have been making this face and I think it's because you are massaging your gums with your bottom lip.
I can see your little gums are swollen so I know they are coming. I am trying to soak up all the gummy smiles because they are about to be gone!
You are so good at sitting up and going from sitting to lying on your belly.
You are trying so hard to crawl but haven't made it on your knees yet. You lay on your belly and move your legs as fast as you can and manage to scoot a little. I can tell you have the will, now you just gotta find the way. Your newfound belly scoot has helped you to start getting into things. Lord help me the day you are really mobile!
But I must be grateful because even when you don't nap, you are the happiest little guy around! You are very content to be playing on the floor or bouncing in your jumper. You love to be where the action is and I think that's why you hate sleeping so much. Really the only times you cry are when you are awake and done sleeping in your bed or when you see your bottle and I'm not fast enough getting it to you. Or when I try to take your picture too close to bottle and bed time...
Your smile is still so contagious. And you give the best open mouthed, slobbery, grab your whole face kisses. Such a sweet boy.
Now we must talk about your sister. You follow her like a cat watches a mouse. You love her so very much, I can see it in your eyes!
You will play together on the floor and she makes sure you always have a toy close by. Your favorite toys are your light up singing doggy, your jingly ball, your holey football, the jingle bell bug, and your camo dog lovey. I know I have said it before, but your relationship and love for one another is one of my greatest joys!
You always sleep with Mr. Lion and you like to chew on his nose. You have pretty much given up the paci and I think he is your replacement. Sorry but I dried Mr Lion this month and now his mane isn't so puffy anymore. Kinda like a sad matted mess. It doesn't deter your love for him, so I guess I'm off the hook.
You love to be outside and you have a tan to prove it! I promise you that I take the utmost precaution with sun protection, but you just have the right skin tone to brown right up. I have gotten more comments about it this month than anything else!
Well except maybe the newfound presence of hair on your bald head! You have some cottony soft blond little hairs popping up. They are straight as a board and so smooth. I love to rub your head, I think its gonna bring me luck :0) I didn't think the day would come that I could no longer call you my bald baby boy.Our summer days are very busy. We usually have a playdate or some activity for your sister. You are so happy to just go along with whatever we are doing. We have started going to the pool and you love it!
You like the fountains to splash in your face and you love to splash the water with your hands. You also like your little floatie to share with sister.
Your best girlfriend Emma meets us there alot and you love to use your foot to spray her with your splash tricks. Little flirt. Seriously though, you smile so big at her. Yall are really cute together!!
You had a couple of firsts worth noting- like your first ride in a shopping cart. Without a cover...sorry second child!! You didn't seem to mind.
You also sat in a highchair...with no cover. I seriously need to dig that thing out!
Well, Mr. Case Man, you are a joy to have in our family! I am so proud of you and cannot wait to see what next month holds!
XOXO, Your Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment