Cason,
You are six months old sweetest boy! Happy Half Birthday to
you!
My oh my, you have been a busy boy this month. I feel like we
have crammed so many firsts into one month that I really don't have time
for any fluff. Let's get to the facts!
Physically, you have grown a ton! You are 17 lbs and 27 inches long. You are growing some hair and it is so blonde you can't even see it. You have the most perfect little round head, and I actually get comments on how round it is all the time. haha. It's a good thing you have a pretty head because it will probably be bald again in about 25 years. :0) You love your hands and your toes and grab them all the time.
And look what else popped up in your little body this month! 2 pearly whites. Those did not come without a battle, sweet boy. It wasn't a pretty week. I actually think you are working on some more right now!
sad pic, I know, but it's pretty much the only time I could get a pic of those puppies!
On the topic of eating, you have gone from a breastfed baby that got formula supplements, to a formula fed, cereal eating, water drinking, squash tasting little boy in a month. Now thats a lotta change! You pretty much weaned yourself of breastfeeding. I don't know why, but you would cry and cry when I would try to nurse you and you just lost interest all together. Maybe it was the new teeth or maybe it's because you are old enough to realize that the bottle is a much faster and easier way to get food, but you are done now! You are taking a 6 oz bottle every 3.5 hours or so. We introduced cereal to you at the beginning of the month and you did great!
You loved it!
So we decided to try some butternut squash, and you loved it too! Such a good little eater!
Then we washed it all down with some water from a sippy cup. You also took right to this with no problem. Such a big boy!
You have tried lots of new activities and discovered some things you really love. Swinging at the park was a big hit.
And you love the jumperoo. You will play with the toys and bounce for quite some time. It's a lifesaver for me during dinner prep or when I am trying to exercise. You love that little bird that hangs down.
You have now rolled both ways. This was the first time you rolled from back to front. You didn't really know what to do. You don't roll much and you can't get back over once you are on your belly. We still need to work on this skill!
Today we met your Daddy and Ree at the golf course and since you were wearing your cute golf hat, I had to take your picture. I decided to just try to have you sit up by yourself, and you did it! Definitely still the tripod position, but you did it! Way to go Case Man!
You have discovered the television. As much as the rule follower in me wants to abide by the AAP guidelines that say you shouldn't watch tv til you are 2, I realistically know that isn't going to happen with your tv loving sister in the house. I don't sit you down with the intent of watching tv, but if it's on, you are watching. Mesmerized, just like Brinley. Oh my.
Thankfully, we spend alot of time outside and away from the tv.
You absolutely love watching Brinley play and you love our little neighbor Sutton. You just sit in your bumbo and laugh at whatever they are doing. You actually love watching your sister do anything and everything. You will just crack up anytime you see her. One day you started laughing just looking at her in the carseat. This brings my heart endless joy.
You met some new friends this month. Maddy is your cousin and you are only one day apart. You are so much taller than her but she has you beat in the category of sitting up! haha, it's not fair to compare you but it's hard not to since yall are exactly the same age!
You also met Creyton, one of the HSU gang. You could be brothers with your pretty bald heads!
Sleeping has been a challenge this month. One morning you fell asleep in our bed after I gave you a bottle. This never happens! It was so cute to see you sleeping like a big boy by your Daddy.
Up until this month we had been swaddling you. One day you started crying in your bed and I went to check on you to find you face down in your swaddle in the corner of your bed. I knew this day was coming but I had dreaded it because you slept so well in your swaddle. We had to give it up. So, I decided to try it cold turkey like we did with Brinley. You slept like this for a total of about 10 minutes. Fail.
Then I consulted my facebook friends and got advice to swaddle with one arm out then gradually take the other arm out until you were completely "weaned" of the swaddle. This worked like a charm for a few days.
Then one day I found you sleeping with both arms out so I decided to try with no swaddle and you did great! You have slept through two nights without it but today has been terrible. You napped maybe a total of an hour all day and you are currently crying in your bed at 10 pm. So, we might go back to the one arm and take it slower. God is really teaching me patience with this one little man!
I am thankful to say that this swaddling/sleeping issue has been the worst thing we have dealt with overall. You are such a happy and easy going baby otherwise. People ask me all the time if you are always this happy and I have to say yes. Joy just explodes from you every time I look your way. When you smile it makes the person looking at you feel like a million bucks. You are quite the little charmer, we will see where that takes you. :0)
You discovered a new sound that makes you seem even happier than you already were. It's this adorable little scream squeal. Maybe a sound only a mother could love but I think it's adorable.
You are adorable little Cason. I am so thrilled to be your Mommy and to watch you grow and change every single day. I am blessed beyond measure to spend my days with you and your sister. Thank you Lord Jesus for half a year with Cason!
xoxo, Your Momma
1 comment:
Happy 1/2 Year Mr.Cason!!
Post a Comment