Sunday, November 11, 2012

One Month Old!

Mr. Cason, Case Man, Little Buddy, Brudder-
You are one month old today! 
Wow, I wish I could say that time has flown, but it really hasn't.  I feel like you have always been a part of our family and I can't believe its only been a month.  I love you so much but this newborn stuff is not really my cup of tea.  Adjusting to feeding you every 2-3 hours, waking in the middle of the night and trying to have coherent thoughts, changing diapers and being showered...just not really my bag.  But, its all worth it for you little man!  And soon enough you will be past this phase and on to bigger and better things.  You are already growing and changing so much!
You love attention and you love to be held.  I mean, never want to be put down.  You aren't a huge fan of the swing and I have yet to buy you a vibrating bouncy seat, which I think you have a shot a liking.  You want attention from someone most of the time you are awake and you have no problem making that known.  You are having more wake time during the day and you are very alert and bright eyed. Those big dark blue eyes absolutely slay me. Really love them...even when they are crossed!
You are a good little sleeper and all we have to do is fill up your belly, swaddle you up, put in the passy, bounce you a few times, and put you in bed with your sound machine.  You are still doing pretty well going back to sleep at night after I feed you and I am very grateful.  We aren't doing so hot with being on a 3 hour schedule or having you only sleep in your bed, but oh well.  It's funny how much more laid back I am with you.  One nap a day and night time sleep happens in your bed (rather, the pack and play in our room) and the other naps happen in the carseat, the baby bjorn, on the boppy, or in someone's arms or lap.  I am going to try and be more consistent with not holding you through naps but then again, I also think about how you are only gonna be a baby that will sleep on us for a very short time.  We can train you later. :0)
  Last time I weighed you, you were at 8 lbs. 4 oz.  It took over 3 weeks for you to get back to your birthweight and you have not had the easiest time gaining weight so far.  This is mostly my fault because I try my hardest to give you breastmilk but this skim milk I produce just isn't enough for you!  We have started giving your more formula supplements after your nursing sessions and it really makes you so happy and content.  Maybe you will start chunking up a little more in the coming month.  You may be a skinny little guy but you are so strong!  I tried out some tummy time for the first time yesterday and first of all, you loved being on your tummy.  You were so content.  Then you figured out that you could lift your head, and boy did you!  I was so impressed by your neck strength little man! 
Hold your head high, Cason Blaine!
You are so facially expressive, which doesn't surprise me at all because I, your Daddy, and your sister all are as well.  You make the funniest faces and you are often so serious!  You furrow your brow, frown, and crinkle up your little forehead all the time.  It's hilarious!
 You also make this inquisitive puckering your lips face alot.  You look kinda like a little old grumpy man.  hahaha
You haven't really smiled yet but this was pretty close.  And, I hate to brag, but...those smiles are mostly for me!  You think I am the bees knees, and I guess it makes sense since I spend the most time with you and feed you all day and night.  By golly, I deserve a smile from you!  You are truly the sweetest little guy though.  When you gaze up at me I am truly smitten. 
 And little brother, you know that we love you but let me just tell you, your sister loves you even more!  I am daily amazed at her compassion, concern, and overall joy when it comes to you.  She wants to hold you, squeeze you, and be with you all the time.  You are one of the first things she asks about in the morning and one of the last things she prays for at night.  She thinks you hung the moon, and this makes me the happiest Mommy around. 
 All in all, we have had a wonderful first month with you, Cason.  You bring immense joy to our family and when I see you and Brinley together, our family feels complete. 
I love you more than words can express!

XOXO, Your Momma

PS: This is not an attractive sleeping picture, Jenny, but it's the only one I have that hasn't already been blogged!  Ah well, those are precious moments I never want to forget!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

haha! girl, you will always be more attractive of a sleeper than i will ever be, so you still get that patch! : ) and that's right about it being a precious moment you want to catch, i miss those days!
happy one month to cason, what a cutie! and i love hearing about how much brinley loves him, not surprised one bit!