Monday, November 26, 2012

Oh no!

I just tried to do a post for Thanksgiving and Blogger says I am out of memory!  I know some of my friends have had this problem (Jenny?) so if any of you have advice on what to do, I would greatly appreciate it! 

7 comments:

The Owen Family said...

I just posted something similar. I don't want to pay for more storage, so if you find a way, please pass it on! Just a little frustrating!!

Jenny said...

oh amy! i am sorry that happened, but congrats, you are on my side now! quite the feat really, you should be proud of all those countless hours spent blogging! anyways, i just paid for it and recently paid once again, it's an annual thing . . . sorry girl, i'm not good at "finding the deal," and i just simply did what they told me to do!

Jennifer said...

Hey Lady! We are all running into this same problem together bc I freaked out the other day when I couldn't blog! So, I bit the bullet and bought more storage. I think it came to about $2.69 a month. I did a little research and it sounds like if you delete old posts then it will free up more storage but I didn't really want to do that for fear it wouldn't work. However, if you have blog books printed you might not mind.

The Proctors said...

Hey Amy! Me and two of my friends just got this too. They both paid, but because I'm cheap, I found a work around for now. This is a long story, but I went into the Picasa site that holds all the pics from my blog. I realized that the ones I've uploaded from my camera are HUGE files. I'm not relying on Blogger for the archival of my pics, so I figured there was no need to upload such huge files. Plus it takes forever to load them when I'm trying to write a post. So, I just found some shorter posts with just a few pics, and went in to edit them. I deleted the pics uploaded the first time, and uploaded very small size versions of the same pics instead. It's worked like a charm so far. Once I did several posts like this, I was able to start making entries again. Now, I just upload small pics to start with. You have to delete them from both the Picasa site and your Blog for this to work. Good luck!

Haley said...

Bizarre that you ran out of storage at the exact same time I did. Sounds a little fishy to me really. I just paid the $2.50/mo, but Jared isn't happy with that. He wants me to start a new blog. That's probably what I'm going to do so I don't have to pay the $ each month. He also suggested that I just print everything I already have in a Pdf and then delete and start fresh- but I can't do that... I enjoy looking back!

The Proctors said...

Also, I forgot to mention that this whole storage problem that has seemed to hit everyone I know at the exact same time is tied to our Google accounts and not just to our one specific blog address. I thought about starting a new blog too, but to do that I think I would have to start a new gmail address to link the new blog to.

Cassie said...

I broke down and paid it! ugh...sooo annoying! and you would think it would motivate me to blog more, hmmm