Courtney and I have been friends for a long time. Like since 7th grade long time...
We have been there for each other through thick and thin. We have similar ideas and get along so well. Now that we live in the same town, our friendship has grown even more. I am so glad we can help each other make our ideas, hair-brained or not, come to reality!
Most of you know that Courtney's daughter Callie was diagnosed with Brain Cancer last year. Praise Jesus that she is completely cancer free to this day and doing great! Courtney and her husband Phil really wanted to give back to the Ronald McDonald House where they spent many days during Callie's hospitalization and treatment, so Courtney had an idea for a Lemonade Stand.
I am so glad I got to play a part in making her idea happen!
A few nights before we got together and painted the stand.
And Brinley and I painted a few signs to attract customers.
Then we worked the stand with lots of friends on Saturday morning!
Fun times! They raised over $3000, so I would say this idea was a huge success! It definitely illustrated the old saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"Fast forward a few weeks, and now it was Courtney's job to help me to make a little idea come to reality. Sorry about the sweaty whale in the picture with Court here...not sure where I was...wow. Anyways! When we lived in Coppell, a friend of mine told me about a "Kindergarten Mom Brunch" that she held every year at her home. She started doing it before her kids were even in Kinder and continued doing it well through their high school years. It was a way for her to bless those moms on an otherwise hard day and give them something to look forward to. I loved the idea and mentioned it to Courtney. She was immediately on board and was a huge help to make it happen.
Hey look, it's my dining room table with my new chairs for those of you itching to get house pics...I promise to get on that post real soon!!
We pooled our resources to create a red, turquoise and yellow party complete with apples and chalkboards. We prayed for the kids and just enjoyed one another's company.
We had 6 moms there and I think they had a great time. I look forward to having this brunch next year when Courtney is the kindergarten mom! I am so thankful for my sweet friend and the fun memories we are creating through our shared ideas!!



3 comments:
adorable, but i wouldn't expect anything less from you and courtney! i love your dining room and chairs. they look great! cant wait to see them in person in sept!
oh amy, what amazing things you are doing there in abiline already! wow! god sure is putting you to use, using your talents and love and i LOVE hearing about it! and i loved seeing your beautiful dining room table and chairs! i sure do miss you amy!
Love the brunch idea! I am totally stealing it for next year :)
Love your dining room too. We will be in town for Homecoming, which of course is right around your due date. Maybe we can meet baby Cason?!?
Post a Comment