Monday, August 20, 2012

Doing Life in Abilene

Wow, this is an all-encompassing post if I have ever written one!  I kept going through pictures of the last couple of weeks and feeling like they all had a theme- doing life in Abilene.  I know it seems a little late, since we have lived here since July, but we really hadn't started living our normal life until last week when Rocky started working. 
He is loving his job at Abilene Eye.  He has a wonderful staff and very supportive co-workers.  He has completed his first 4 surgeries on his very own patients, and they went great.  He has also been on call about 5 times and has yet to step foot in a hospital.  Love it!!  Here he is in his very own office with his diploma hung on the wall.  If that's not official, I don't know what is!
Brinley and I have been trying out all the fun things Abilene has to offer.  We have done a few things on our own or as a family-
Brinley's first manicure and pedicure at the local nail shop
 Storytime at the library
Golf at Diamondback (the course where Rocky worked as a course maintenence man to earn money to buy my engagement ring!)
and Mr. Gatti's Pizza (this was a big date spot for Rocky and I where we fell in love over skee ball and galaga)

We have also been blessed to do some things with friends-
Abilene Zoo with Callie
And the Grace Museum with Carson, Callie, Lawson, and Big Brynlee.
We have had so much fun!  Another perk of living in Abilene is having family close by.  3 out of 4 sets of grandparents are an hour or less away, so Brinley has spent alot of time with them.  We celebrated Papa's birthday with dinner at our house.
Bebe and Granny were there to celebrate too!
We also can make it to the lake in a little over an hour, so we made a little trek there to see Nan and Dee, Haldon, Kim, Gail, Jay, and Courtney. 
Brinley found a new love for the crappie house
and Rocky discovered wake surfing!
Ree and Nonna came over for dinner and a game night.  They enjoyed a rousing game of Hi Ho Cherry O and Pretty Pretty Princess. 
Nonna was the big winner. 
We just recently went to Ree and Nonna's to see Danya, Ryan, Sissy...
and to meet Brinley's very first cousin, Parker!
Oh my word he is the cutest little chunk of a baby I have ever seen.  I love this Instagram pic that Danya got.  Why don't I think to use Instagram more often?
 When we aren't out exploring or spending time with family, we have also enjoyed just being home in our backyard or playroom.  We are very happy to be here and life is good!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thank you so much for this post! What a great and blessed life you have there and i am so happy that things are already looked so wonderful for y'all! We sure do miss you and can't wait to see you soon!