Tuesday, August 28, 2012

33 1/2 Weeks

I am a little late on this post and I actually had to check again to be sure that 33 weeks was correct- am I really 33 weeks pregnant?!  Rocky and I both looked at each other today and admitted that we have completely forgotten what life is like with a baby and we are in for it!!
Since my last post, I have had my bootie in gear getting Cason's nursery together.  I have stenciled and hung curtains, prepared everything to go on the walls, and finished his quilt.  Here is a pic of the finished topper.  It is completely done but I am too lazy to take another pic of it.  Guess that will have to wait for the big reveal of the entire room.  I am very happy with the way everything has come together.  It's definitely random, but I like it.
Brinley is just getting sweeter and sweeter about her little brother. Today she was laying beside me and he started kicking. I told her that he was kicking her and she said, "He is saying Hi Big Sister!"  I told her that he could hear her voice and would know her when he got here.  I could tell she loved this idea.  She is also getting very excited about helping me. Today we discussed feeding and she said that she would be sharing her sippy cups with him. I casually said that he would eat from a bottle or from Mommy, and she said, "Yeah, he can eat from Mommy or Daddy!" I decided not to go into that one in too much detail.  Oh well, she will figure it all out eventually, right?
On the physical side of things, I have started getting much more uncomfortable and having random pains.  I think I have pushed myself a little too hard trying to get the house in order and my body is telling me to slow down!  I struggled some with a pain that starts in my butt and goes down my leg while I was training for my last half marathon, and it has come back over the past week.  I have found that if I rest and stretch, I feel much better, so I just need to be disciplined to do both of those things. 
While I am into complaining, let me just say that I am H-O-T hot!!  I am seriously sweaty all day long.  I know it is the dead of summer and I live in a hot place but I even sweat in my house with the AC on!  Don't let the above pic of my hair down fool you- it's in a ponytail daily to try and find some relief- and that is if Brinley will allow me to wear a ponytail.  She still prefers my hair down and has no problem crying and throwing a fit if it's up.  Oh me oh my.
Other than those complaints, I am doing fine and dandy!  Going in for my AIDS blood work this week, hoping for good results on that one!  haha.  I have one more appointment until I start going every week.  We are definitely on the down hill slide here, people! 

3 comments:

Jenny said...

oh amy, that ponytail story and the aids comment made me giggle! you look awesome and i love how the quilt is coming along, can't wait to see the final product!

rebekah l. louis said...

girl you've been busy since we left! had a successful brunch and got the quilt finished- no wonder you're sweating- slow down!!

rebekah l. louis said...

quilt looks great! :)