So, I can say this trip made me officially excited to start our new life in Abilene. As much as I will miss our life where we are now- the precious friends, amazing church home, wonderful neighborhood, and much more- I know that God officially has big plans for us in A-Town!
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
An Official Visit to Abilene
This weekend we made an official trip to Abilene. For those of you who don't already know, we will be moving there this summer. The most important official stop on our visit was to the Abilene Eye Institute for Rocky to sign his official contract as their newest Ophthalmologist!
Yes, I took pictures and yes, I officially embarrassed my husband, but it was a big deal to me that needed to be documented! This has been a moment I have pictured for the last 8 (and Rocky 12) years! I am so grateful that Rocky will be working with wonderful doctors like Dr. Thames and Dr. Phelan and all the other friendly staff there.
We spent our first couple of nights at Papa and Bebe's house. They gave Brinley her Christmas presents, some of which were some beautiful princess dress up clothes. I came home one day to find Bebe and Brinley having a tea party in a princess tent. She was officially in heaven.
On Saturday morning we headed out to the Moore Ranch to run an official 5K to celebrate Erin's Aunt Lisa's 50th birthday. Her goal was to run 50 5K's by her 50th birthday, so her 50th run was a big party with her family and friends. We had fun even though it was one of the coldest and most miserable races I have ever run!
That afternoon we officially met the newest little HSU Renob, Kress Thomas Johnson. We were so excited that he was born while we were in town! He is such a cutie and we couldn't be happier for Ben and Ashlee as they enter the wonderful world of parenting!
We spent Saturday night with Ree and Nonna. They are officially moving to Baird, which is about 15 minutes from Abilene. They drove us by the farm they are hoping to buy and we had a great time in their temporary RV residence, or little house as Brinley says.
And last but not least, I spent the entire day house hunting with our realtor and I think we found one! We officially placed an offer on this guy and things are looking promising!
So, I can say this trip made me officially excited to start our new life in Abilene. As much as I will miss our life where we are now- the precious friends, amazing church home, wonderful neighborhood, and much more- I know that God officially has big plans for us in A-Town!
So, I can say this trip made me officially excited to start our new life in Abilene. As much as I will miss our life where we are now- the precious friends, amazing church home, wonderful neighborhood, and much more- I know that God officially has big plans for us in A-Town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
that's awesome! congratulations on the very official changes!!! :) oh, and the house is GORGEOUS!
oh my goodness, i am calling you right now! we will be talking about your beautiful new home, rocky's great new job AND just what brinley thought about the wonderful world of princesses!
oh wow! i might actually have a better chance of seeing you in abilene.;)
i'll have to tell my family about rocky's practice!
wow i know you must be salivating about that BEAUTIFUL home... that's gotta be getting you excited about the move. Glad you had a great visit.
so excited for y'all and all the amazing things that god has in store for your family. love the house!! love that you took pictures of rocky signing his OFFICIAL contract. and i love that you will have family around you when you make the move to abilene. i'll be praying for your sweet family as you say good-bye to this chapter and get ready for the new one. so fun!!
Wow, how exciting! Praying that your transition and move will go smoothly!
Post a Comment