*Note- on this particular day Brinley wore her jammies from sun up to sun down. It was a Sunday so she took them off for church then wanted to put them back on for nap. I promise I bathe my child and change her clothes. haha
Monday, February 20, 2012
Bye Bye Crib...
Well we took the plunge and put up the toddler bed in Brinley's room. We bought it on Craigs list a while ago but have been waiting for a chance to get it painted. Brinley was never a climber or had any problem at all with her crib, we just felt like we should go ahead and transition her while we live here so she will feel comfortable with it in our new home.
*Note- on this particular day Brinley wore her jammies from sun up to sun down. It was a Sunday so she took them off for church then wanted to put them back on for nap. I promise I bathe my child and change her clothes. haha
When we got home from church we asked Brinley if she was ready to nap in her big girl bed and she said "not yet" on the verge of tears. We were worried that she was going to back out on the process, but we agreed to one last nap in the "pink bed" as she calls it.
When she woke up, the first thing she said was "I'm ready for my big girls bed now!" so we scurried to get the tools and take the bed down. She wanted to be helpful and present every step of the way.
When it was time for bed, she was so excited. She climbed in, got all tucked in, then we read her stories in her bed instead of the chair. This was all too thrilling. She proceeded to sleep all night and until 8:00 the next morning so I think we are good to go! She is going on a 3 hour nap in there now so I guess maybe it has magic powers!
My sweet girl is growing up. :0)
*Note- on this particular day Brinley wore her jammies from sun up to sun down. It was a Sunday so she took them off for church then wanted to put them back on for nap. I promise I bathe my child and change her clothes. haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
big bed looks great! love the color!
big girl beds do have magical powers!!! it looks so cute! Good job Mom and Dad!
that's amazing amy! i am so impressed and not one bit surprised! i am tempted now, "magical powers?" hmm . . . maybe we will have to do this sooner rather than later. as always, brinley is carrying the torch nicely, to one day, hand to bekah! : ) haha!
Post a Comment