An un-lovely, yet blog worthy, thing happened at church on Sunday. Brinley was bitten by one of the kids in her Sunday School class! I felt horrible for her, but I guess it's a rite of passage in the life of a toddler? Anyways, just thought I should mark it down for the memory. One day I will look back and laugh, but right now I am still a little ooged out by it!
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
A Lovely Labor Day Weekend
Our Labor Day weekend started out with a wonderful date night...
Thanks to John and Kalyn, who were in town for the weekend.
KK taught Brinley about the joys of brownie batter-
and we all had a great time relaxing and eating!
Since the weather cooled down and was absolutely gorgeous on Monday, we headed straight to the park. I had the hair brained idea to roller blade.
And since Rocky is a team player, he went along with the plan. Talk about a leg workout!
After our lap on the rollerblades, we brought out the kite that Ree and Nonna had bought Brinley a few months ago. That wind really made it fly!
Rocky took charge on flying the kite, so Brinley and I chased it. She had a blast!
The minute I was put in charge of the kite, it landed in the tree. Oops.
Super Daddy to the rescue!
We finished up our morning at the park. Fun times!
Later that evening, we headed over to the Warminski's to grill out and enjoy the rest of our holiday. After a yummy dinner, we took a walk on the trails by their house.
Brin even held Johnathan's hand for a while. :0)
We stopped to feed the ducks some tortillas.
But they weren't interested in our mexican fare.
Precious girl took the feeding very seriously regardless.
On the way back we stopped to play at the playground.
Arranged marriage, anyone?
An attempt at a group shot of the kids...nailed it!
It was nothing short of a lovely Labor Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a serious bite!!!
Post a Comment