This year, my sweet husband turned 30. I knew I wanted to do something special to commemorate this occasion, so I planned him a surprise pool party! Everything was in place, I had him fooled, his friends and family were on board, and then it was time to pull it all off...
I told everyone that we would get to the pool at 5:00 since Rocky thought he would be home by 4:30. The party was scheduled to start at 6:00, so I just figured we would go ahead and swim then everyone could come out of the clubhouse to say surprise. Well, Rocky didn't get home when he planned and I had to get gas, so we didn't end up getting there until 5:45, and the Warminskis were in the parking lot! So, the big surprise didn't turn out quite like I had planned, but Rocky was still very happy.

Now when his family walked in, he was very surprised! Dad, Donna, Mom, brother Corey and his wife April.

Rocky and his mom. She had a big day 30 years ago too!

I was so glad to have Rocky's co-workers, friends, and family there to dine on Chick fil a sandwiches, chips, and other birthday treats.


I tried really had not to go overboard with the theme and decorations for this party, but I can't plan a party without a little inspiration! So, I went with a blue and orange color scheme. I planned the food around the decades of Rocky's life. First was 1981- baby carrots and dip for baby Rocky!

1991- There were Little Debbies since those were one Rocky's favorite childhood snacks and some really ugly baseball cake pops.

2001- I had oreo truffles with purple and gold in honor of Rocky's college, Hardin Simmons University. This was the year we started dating :0), and the year he decided to go all semester without doing laundry! (proof is in the pic)

And for 2001- An "Appy Birthday" IPhone cookie cake! I made the apps out of fondant in advance. Then I just baked my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and frosted it with black buttercream. It was a little ghetto, but I had so much fun making it and I think he really loved it!

Time to blow out the candles!

Brinley had been singing happy birthday to Rocky all day long, so she had to help him with the candles too. Here is the video in case any of you aren't on facebook...it's pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!
"Hello?!"

Brinley thoroughly enjoyed the cookie cake, to say the least!

We wrapped up the party in the pool. Ava Woo Woo and Brin were some of the first to get in.

A fun time was had by all, even if the water felt like we were in a bathtub!


Brotherly Love

Brinsters and Aunt April. She brought her birthday gift, which was some princess sunglasses and a Minnie beach towel. She loved them both!

We partied past bedtime and had a great night. Happy Birthday Rocky! We love all 30 years of you!
3 comments:
yay- happy birthday, rock! amy, the food turned out great!
(one of the cutest part of that video was brinley's piggie curl bouncing!)
SO cute! I love all the little details! I hope that Rocky had a very happy birthday! :]
Oh that video is precious! What a cutie patootie! And amy, that cake is amazing! I will never stop beign amazed by you and your talents, creativity and kindness! : ) Happy Birthday Rocky, wish we could have been there for you!
Post a Comment