Thursday, March 10, 2011

An Interview With a 21 Month Old

Brinley Jane, you are 21 months old today!



So tell us, what have you been up to these days?

What are your favorite foods?
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
yogurt
berries, of course!
cottage cheese
raisins
fish sticks with dippy
pancakes or waffles
whole steamed green beans
broccoli
rice
oatmeal
burritos
eggs
What are your favorite toys?
I love playing with all of the toys in my little area of the kitchen, but I especially love my zoo little people set, ball puzzle,
and Mack Truck (which I call a tractor because I don't know anything about the Cars movie, I have never even seen it!) Tractor was my best friend for a few days. I made sure he was nourished and he slept in my crib with me.
Then along came Pedro the Zookeeper in his zoo mobile. Now I share my heart between 2 vehicles.
My daddy caught me playing with Pedro and the zoo mobile last night when I was going to bed.

Another friend I have made this month is Frog Potty (frawpoddy). My mom bought him for me so I could start to get used to having him around, and she never imagined how much I would love him. I drag him all over the house and she even caught me trying to heave him up into my bed.
Mommy and Daddy talk to me about going potty all the time but I never was interested in sitting on one until Frawpoddy. Then one day I told Mommy "poo poo in the poddy" and "diaper off", so she sat me down and I did it!
(Yes, I did just put a picture of my naked child and her poop on my blog...all time low.)
I haven't done it again, and that's ok, but my mommy was really surprised and excited that I might be getting close to potty training! Now what do we do?
What else do you enjoy doing?
-biting the inside of my lip. I do this when I am concentrating or just being still. My mommy thinks it provides entertainment for me.
-playing with Ava Woo Woo. Her mommy joined the YMCA so I see her even more than I used to! We like to hold hands when we are walking places together.
Our favorite hangouts besides the Y are Tappy's Frozen Yogurt, Chick-Fil-A, bible study, Starbucks, and Target. I can't go to any of these places without asking if Ava Woo Woo will be there.

-Wearing my hair in front braid like Mommy. This was kinda hard for Mommy to manage and it fell out pretty easy, so she doesn't do it very often.

Being outside doing anything, but especially the park! Any and every playground is called a park (pock) to me. We go probably about 5 out of 7 days of the week.

I was getting very brave and actually went down the slide by myself, but then I went on a slide by my friend Luke and Audrey's house and it went faster than what I was used to. I have been hesitant again ever since.


I love to swing, and I love having someone swing next to me.
-eating outside. We either eat on our back porch or go on a picnic. Mommy took me on my first picnic this month and I loved it!

- watching videos of myself on Mommy's iphone. My favorite is one of me in the bathtub. I say, "see Brinley bath" many times a day.
What new things are you doing this month?
-I recognize the number 2. I like to have 2 things and will often ask for 2 crackers, 2 green beans, 2 crayons, or other things like that.
- saying "bless you" when someone sneezes. I also love to hear someone say it to me so my real sneeze is usually followed up by 2 or 3 more fake sneezes just to get the blessing!
- Adding Mommy or Daddy to the end of my phrases, "bless you Mommy", "thank you Daddy" "help please Mommy" are just a few. Mommy absolutely loves this!
- I am putting letters with sounds, thanks to the Letter Factory DVD. The A says ah is one that I am heard muttering often.
- I am counting obects. I have one to one correspondence (yes, my Mommy is a former kindergarten teacher) for the numbers 1-3.
- on/off, up/down
What do you talk about?
- I love to tell everything bye- bye, see you later.
- I am constantly saying letters. I try to say my abc's but definitely jumble them up. Any time I see letters I rattle off whatever letters are in my head, and they usually arent the correct ones. I recognize B, I, A, and Y the best but this is still hit or miss.
- I still love to watch "Tee-ee" (TV)
- I say "sure" with my yes answers. For example, Mommy asks me if I want a cracker and I say, "Yeah... sure!"
- "Mornin!". I like to pretend I am asleep then jump up and say this.
- "Poo-Poo potty", without any meaning behind it. "Mommy poo-poo potty" "Papa poo poo potty", "Benson poo poo potty", etc.
"Mommy/Daddy sit down!" I love for people to sit with me and I will tell them just where and when to do it.
Have you been in trouble at all?
Oh yes, more this month than ever before. I have decided that crying and throwing a fit is the only way to get my point across sometimes. I can turn the tears on and off in no time flat.
This usually happens when I want something that I can't have or if I have to share something with someone that I really love. Mommy just says that these are hard lessons to learn but that really doesn't make me feel any better. I am for the most part pretty even tempered and easy going but throw tiredness or teething in the mix and be prepared for some water works. I am learning every day to obey, and some days are better than others. I am a toddler for goodness sake!
Is there anything you don't like?
Not much this month. I am conquering my fears and growing up. I am now fine with having my diaper changed because I get to lay on my blankie. I like going to bed and I am fully content to lay there because I have my tractor, zoo mobile, blankie and frog lovey with me.
Sweet sweet girl. I literally look at you each morning and think you have grown overnight. You are becoming a sweet, kind, precious little girl and it is my priviledge to watch you grow. You keep me laughing, even through the frustrating moments. I love you more than words can express!

XOXO, Your Momma

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Amy---her little face has changed so much!!! She is starting to look more and more like a little girl. She is darling!

rebekah l. louis said...

Happy 21st!
Way to go on the pot, Miss Brin!
Such a smart little girl and love the cars in bed.