Thursday, February 10, 2011

Interview with a 20 Month Old

Precious girl, love munchkin, sweet little Brinsters...you are 20 months old today!

Wow, we are officially out of the easy teens. Next time you have a teen in your age, things will be very different in your (and my) world!

What a fabulous month it has been. Full of so many new skills, words, and experiences. What a joy it has been to share it all with you!

I had to take some extra pics of your outfit today because I don't think you will ever wear your converse again!
You are not a fan and kept saying they were tight. I am so sad because I have been waiting for so long to put them on you! Oh well, as you would say, "bye bye converse".

So, tell us little 20 month old, what have you been up to these days?
cheese (chs)
cottage cheese (cochee)
berries (beewies)
bananas (nannies)
cereal (ceeyol)
yogurt (zabu???)
any kind of dip (dippy)
carrots
green beans
avocado
toasted sandwiches (toe)
oatmeal with raisins (ahmeal and raidin)
craisins (teemees??)
corn on the cob (torn)

What are your favorite toys?
-stuffed Mickey (Mickney)
-tea set
-little people zoo
-shape sorting ball puzzle thing
-puzzles (puzzy)
-my baby
-soft blankets
-favorite books- Monkey and Me (Montney Me), Franklin Goes to School (Fraintin), Spot Bakes a Cake (cake), Elmo's ABC (Elmo IE), and picture books with photos of friends and family.
What else do you enjoy doing?
- Serving Mommy and Daddy play food from my kitchen
- Putting up the silverware and sorting it into the right compartments.
- Taking care of my toys. I give drinks of milk and bites of my snack to my baby (or any stuffed animal), put her in the high chair with a spoon so she can eat, and cover her with blankets.
I also do all these things for inanimate objects like my blanket or a shoe. The only way I would stand by my growth chart was if I could give the flower a drink of my milk.
- Playing dress up with Daddy- most of the time, I dress him up...
but other times he dresses me up! On this day, I was a pageant queen, watch out Toddlers and Tiaras!
- Eating snacks and meals at my kid table- I am getting really good at this!
- Thanks to a week of sickness and a week of being snowed in, I have some new favorite shows. I just got the Letter Factory DVD and I love it (thanks to Bekah and Miss Jenny), Cat in the Hat, Curious George, Super Why, and as always, Elmo's World!
- I have done my first crafts this month and like doing them for about 5 minutes. I really like watercoloring and stickers the best.
What new things are you doing this month?
- I like to take "tastes" of the foods I see in books and on tv. My mommy finds this quite hilarious.
- I know up and down (thanks Elmo) and on and off.
- I can count from 1-10. I especially like counting steps, and I will not count on command, I have to do it on my own free will, or get tricked into it by my parents.
What do you talk about?
(I have changed this from new words because she is talking all the time now. These are just the newest sayings or funny things she says)
- I have alot to say and sometimes I just babble on and on and expect you to know exactly what I am talking about.
- I like to find out where things are by saying, " ____, where are you??" in the cutest little voice. My favorite things to ask about are Daddy, Ava, Hannah, and my baby. It's sounds more like, "Dada, eh awe you???"
- I like to point out when people are funny- mainly Mommy, Daddy, Curious George, or Cat in the Hat. Ex:" "Hat funny!" accompanied by some giggles.
- brrr cold!
- "Hey mommy!" happens all throughout the day. It's not a demanding hey, but more of a hello. Sometimes I just want to say hi to her, because I really like her! I also say this when I have done something wrong and I want to butter her up.
- Thank you is a new word this month. For a while I would only sign it, then I would say it when my Mommy asked me to, and now I am saying it on my own at the appropriate time. This makes Mommy so proud. It sounds more like "dank coo".
- "New one"- I say this at bedtime when I want to pick a different lovey from the basket.
- "bite" anytime Mommy has food and I want to taste it
- "bye bye see you dabadabadaba (later)" - this isn't new this month but I say it alot!
- "Mommy hold you"
- "tight"- I say this when my high chair tray is on too tight, when my jeans are too tight and the button is cutting in on my belly, when the car seat straps are bugging me, and as of today, when my shoes aren't comfortable.
- "whoa ___!"- insert Mommy if we are riding fast or over bumps in the grocery cart, or insert Brinley if she falls down or is going downhill. And sometimes it's just "whoa!"
- I can say my name now and sometimes I speak in the first person- "Benley hold it?"
- "heppease" (help please)- this is another one that Mommy has been drilling for awhile that I just decided to say.

Have you been in trouble at all?
Not really. I am a pretty obedient girl. The most trouble I have gotten into is taking my food from the kitchen into other parts of the house. With freedom from the high chair, I like to drag food all over the place, and Mommy and Daddy don't want their new carpet to get messed up.
I like to say no when I don't get my way, but I hear that's what all my friends are saying these days. :0) I have also had some lessons about sharing my things- I am usually fine with this if it isn't one of my favorite toys, but if you mess with my favorite stuff like my blanket or my swing- I will let you know about it!

Is there anything you don't like?
-I have not enjoyed being put to bed this month. I always put up a fight but I am fine the minute Mommy leaves the room. I have wanted to be rocked alot too!
-I get scared of many things and let everyone know this by saying "scary". I am the most scared of shiny floors in stores and restaurants. I know this sounds really weird but my Mommy says she thinks it's that I think it is slippery. I will just stand dead in my tracks and say "scary, hold you" over and over. Daddy has made me face my fears and walk on these floors and I am doing better. I am also very scared of loud noises- the vacuum and the garbage truck.
-I am still not a fan of getting my diaper changed. But now Mommy and Daddy keep telling me that I don't have to do it anymore if I want to use the potty. I promptly tell them no, I don't want to do that yet so I guess I will keep kicking and shouting while they change my diapers.

Brinley, I am blessed beyond measure to have such a wonderful child like you. You put a smile on my face every single day, you keep me laughing and so grateful. I think to myself often that you are simply delightful. You have shown me what the Father's love and delight in me looks like, so thank you sweet girl. I love you more than words can express!

XOXO,
Your Momma

4 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

20??? whoa, slow down miss brin! great videos- such a smart girl!

Jenny said...

I know what you mean Rebekah, that girl is acting much older than her age, with all that she knows and says, very impressive! And Brin, you sure are sporting the cute outfits well these days, I especially like the violet one with the white shirt under, and that navy one is cute too! Her hair in a pony with a headband is a great look, we may have to copy that some day!

Prissy Petals said...

Hi Amy! I recently came across your blog and it is so cute! I also live in Texas and I also have a little girl named Brinley:) I know that this might be a strange request but I am always looking for cute monogrammed items and if you ever had any that you would be willing to sell I would be very interested! I've never met another Brinley so I just had to comment:) I have a blog but it is private so if you would be interested in exchanging information my email is jkbfrancis@gmail.com. Have a great weekend!

Kimberly:)

Q. August said...

OH wow you've got a diva on your hands too! Please check out my blog about my little diva Cassie. you will laugh your socks off. Feel free to follow us.