Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cowtown Weekend

This weekend was centered around my third half marathon, The Cowtown, in none other than Fort Worth, Texas. We shipped Brinley off to Memo and Pop's house where Mimi was waiting to play with the doll house, read books, stamp, and play all evening. She had lots of fun and I am so glad we didn't have to worry about her. I didn't get any pics of them but here is one from today.

We took advantage of the child free night and stayed at Jeremy and Erin's new house! We are so glad to have them closer for many reasons (like the one cooking in her belly that will make her debut in April!!) but especially this weekend since they live about 15 minutes from the race starting line. We went out to dinner at Pappadeaux so I could get a good carb load in on their delicious bread! It was so nice to catch up with the Walkers and to take 3 hours for dinner!

We were up bright and early to get to the starting line on time. I had a great race and ended up finishing at a 2:08 pace. I was very proud of myself for keeping under a 10 minute mile pace considering it was unseasonably warm, windy, and the route had some killer hills. It was a great morning!

Rocky was there to support me the entire time but I never got a picture with him! He took lots of pics of me, though. Here are a few to let you in on the experience...hahaha. Man oh man, these at the finish line are not pretty!
Trying to be courteous and wave but that was all I could muster...
Seriously, the drama is killin me! You'da thought I was about to cry!

Here is my faithful running buddy Katie. It was her idea to do this race and I am so glad she convinced me to join along. I couldn't have trained without her!

After the race, we met up with Mom and Brinley for an early lunch.
She was wearing a fun little bling-ed out zebra initial shirt that Mimi got her at a local boutique...with a matching zebra bow of course!
It was so good to see the little sister again. I know she had fun with Mimi but we were glad to have her sweet smile and giggle back with us! Looks like she might be a runner just like her Mama!

I will be hanging up the running shoes for the summer but hope to be back to training come fall. Dallas White Rock half, anyone??? :0)

4 comments:

Thomas said...

way to go, amy! love the finish line pictures. if someone had taken pictures of me trying to run, they would capture a picture of me laying on the ground a 1/2 mile from the starting line.

rebekah l. louis said...

oh, that was me.

Haley said...

Way to go on the half girl! So proud of you, under a 10 minute mile is amazing!!!

Jenny said...

Congrats Amy! I am so proud of you! As much as you commented on the drama of those finish line pics, hey, atleast you HAVE finish line pics! THAT is something to be proud of! So glad that Erin lives so close to you too! So fun!