Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thirty, Flirty, and Fun

Not sure where I pulled that title from, but today I am officially thirty years old. And you know what, I am really ok with it! I don't feel thirty, I still feel eighteen- and that's all that matters, right? I will keep working on the flirty and fun part in this new decade.
Anyhoo, The real celebrating happened yesterday. We started our day off in our regular Saturday morning fashion, but honestly, a morning at home with my little family just doing our thing really is a gift these days. We walked to the donut shop, where I enjoyed my first ever apple fritter, then we perused some garage sales and enjoyed the gorgeous fall morning.

When we got home, we played outside with my precious little gift. :0)

Then our neighbor Jimmy came over to play. Brinley loves watching him and trying to keep up. It's really cute to watch.



A bit later, there was a knock at my door, and it was none other than Jeremy, Erin, Ivy, and Winnie to surprise me! We had a great rest of the day just hanging out with them.

Jeremy loves Brinley so much...he's going to be such a great Daddy.
Erin and I snuck off for a mani/pedi and a little shopping. We failed to take a picture, so I will just put one from dinner. Just pretend like we are on our way to the nail salon...
I came home to find a large box wrapped up for me in the living room. It was my gift from Rocky...and it was a keyboard. You see, he has a fondness for buying electronics as my gifts, and they are always great gifts, but sometimes not the most romantic. So, he proceeded to take the keyboard out and show me how "ergonomically correct" it is by typing a few keys. Then I glanced at his finger and saw this!

Good thing my nails were manicured so they could be worthy of such a beauty. I feel like I got engaged all over again!I absolutely love it and he did a great job. It's so pretty and sparkly! I am a lucky gal indeed.

Rocky planned dinner out with some of my good friends. I knew some of the plans but not every detail, so there was an element of surprise. We got all dresssed up and headed out the door. Somehow, Rebekah convinced me to wear this ridiculously short dress with heels, and because I am 30 now, I went ahead with it. I must admit it was fun to get all dressed up and wear high heels...I don't do that often these days...but I am sorta freaking out at how short it really was! Wowsa!

We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Green Papaya, and it was the perfect location! We had lots of fun!


I was so glad to see Jen, my old kindergarten teammate from Yale. I haven't gotten to chat with her in a while!

After a delicious dinner, they brought out this puppy.
Friends, seriously...it was one of the most delicious cakes I have ever had. I had to get a pic of the inside so you could get a glimpse of the greatness that is chocolate cake with cheesecake filling and chocolate frosting with pecans. YUMMY! Thanks Vaughanie for picking it out!
It was an overall wonderful day. I felt loved and special, and so grateful for my thirty years here on this earth. Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate, whether you were in person or not. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Amy! You looked beautiful, I love the dress AND the shoes! Oh and the ring, wow Rocky, it's perfect, good job there! I am so glad you had such a wonderful weekend and I love that Erin came in to surprise you! Thanks for the great documenting because you know we wish we could have been there too!

Haley said...

Girl!!!! You wear that dress so well! oh and the ring, good job Rocky- you get two thumbs up from Haley and Katelyn says, "EWWWW, PRETTY!" Happy 30th Birthday Amy!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Amy, welcome to the thirty club! Looks like you had a great weekend and I can't wait to try on your beautiful new sparkly.

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday Amy! What a wonderful day!! You rock the dress and shoes girl!! And yes, that rock is gorgeous! I love how he gave you a keyboard to surprise you- too funny!
Oh, and that brinley is just too cute! love the denim jacket and hat! styling!! :)

Diane Leggett said...

I can't believe that you are thirty either. You will always be 16 to me. Happy Birthdy. Love the ring.

Brinley is precious. I would love to see you all. Let me know if you are in Abilene during the holidays I would love to come out and see her.

Meve & Co. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!

Jules said...

You are looking HOT in that dress!!! Plus, really love your hair! (I've thought that in lots of photos of yours lately!) Your ring is beautiful! Looks like a fun and memorable 30th!