When I was little my Dad said that I had a "distant early peach". We always had neighbors or church members with over abundant peach trees that would share the wealth with us. My Dad would often sit in the back yard to peel and eat the peaches. This "distant early peach" gave me the ability to hear a peach being peeled from a mile away and come running to have my share. No matter what I was doing or where I was, within moments I was sitting at my Dad's feet asking for more.
Well, I think this keen ability has been passed down to Miss Brin. I was eating a peach for a snack the other day and she decided she wanted a taste. I usually cut her food, but she really wanted to take a bite like I was.

I thought one bite would be enough so I just stuck the dishtowel over her outfit and let her take that one bite.

But then she wouldn't let go!

She kept slurping, and sucking, and eating...

until it was all gone!

Then I had to pry the pit out of her mouth. I think she was about to chomp down on that too!
Hide your peaches, folks, Amy and Brinley are on the lookout!
4 comments:
Amy, this is the cutest story! With great pictures as well! Her expression is adorable and that chomping on a peach look sure accentuates her pretty eyes!
Oh my goodness, I'm cracking up at Brinley eating the peach with her eyes cut to the side... It looks as if she is watching for those peach thiefs coming from the side to take her beloved peach. Too cute!
That was too cute and so funny! You documented the story perfectly.
Amy and Brinley are on the lookout for peaches, huh?
Notice I read this story HOURS after Rock left here.
I believe your "distant early peach" sense now reaches over MANY miles:)
Post a Comment