You are up to so many new things. I know I say this every month, but...this month has been the most fun yet!
And nope, no growth chart yet...sigh!
What are your favorite foods?
cheese, bananas, raisins, goldfish crackers (bad mommy!), peaches, grapes, berries, cottage cheese, pancakes, broccoli, oatmeal, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
What are your favorite toys?
- My baby and stroller
- Stuffed animals and "soft blankets"
- My kitchen set- I like to stir the bowl and let mommy take a taste
- My "kid table" in our living room
- The ball popper toy
- My new set of matching eggs
- Bubbles!
- Dress Up Clothes
- I found a new love of being read to. My favorite books are Goodnight Moon, Goodnight Sweet Butterflies, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Moo Baa La La La, and Spot Bakes a Cake. We have been checking out library books but I always return to my old standbys.
What else do you enjoy doing?
- Coloring- But I really like getting all the crayons out and putting them back in the can more than actually coloring.
- Sitting in seats: the couch, dining room chairs, kids table chairs, my high chair, anywhere!
- Putting lids on things and closing doors.
- Relaxing on my boppy. Mom is excited that we have found a new use for this thing!
- Watching TV (much to mommy's chagrin) - I have started taking the remote to Mommy saying "peasss" so that she will turn it on for me. My favorite shows are Elmo, Arthur, Clifford, or VeggieTales. We don't watch too much TV but I do love it. When I am done, I hand Mommy the remote and wave bye bye at the TV.
- Just being outside doing anything- picking up sticks, walking up and down the sidewalk, playing in my sandbox, digging in the dirt, or swinging.
- pretend play (cooking, dress up)
- playing with friends- I get excited when my Mom tells me that we are going to see them.
What new things have you learned this month?
- How to blow kisses and sign the word thank you (these are interchangeable in our world)
- How to sit facing forward in my big girl car seat
- How to repeat words my Mommy or Daddy says, like my grandparent's and friend's names.
- Recognizing and naming many of those same people in pictures
- My body parts- nose, ears, eyes, belly, belly button, head
- How to walk with "sass"- arms a going! Sometimes they are swinging by my sides, sometimes they are behind my back, and sometimes they are holding my buddha belly!
- Pointing to things in books that Mommy asks me about
- How to concentrate better by sticking out my tongue
- How to dance when I hear a catchy tune (this is bobbing up and down and waving my hands up and down, can also include a head bob)
- How to give Eskimo kisses
- How to nod my head yes when I want something
What are your new words?
eat, uh-oh, please (peasss), pool (pfff), and MAMA!!!! (Yay! finally!)
Have you been in trouble at all?
Oh, yes...I have found my opinion this month and I am not afraid to make it known! I have thrown a few crying fits in restaurants when I was finished and everyone else wasn't, I have screamed a few screams out of frustration that Mommy doesn't understand what I want, and I have disobeyed Mommy and Daddy a few times. This has gotten better over the month, I have figured out a little more each day who is boss. :0) One day, Mommy left the pantry door open and I helped myself to the bag of goldfish. Hey, I was hungry!
I really like to play with the computer cords and take Mommy's memory card out of the slot, but I was punished for this and I learned my lesson. Now it only takes a little reminder from Mommy and I don't go near it anymore. I am learning! I am also practicing looking at Mommy or Daddy in the eyes when they tell me to do something. I am usually really good at this!
Little Miss Brinley, we love you so much, it's impossible to say it in words. The joy you bring to our family is priceless and we are so glad you are in our lives! We are so proud of you!
3 comments:
i LOVE the picture of you & brin looking at each other with her on your shoulders!
Wow, even though I don't get to see all of this sweetness and intelligence in person, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on this smarty pants with such special personality! This was such a great idea Amy!
love the brown shirt at the top of the blog entry...Brinley is so sweet.=)
Post a Comment