Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Spooktacular Halloween!

We had a great first Halloween with Brinley! Rocky was on call but was able to stay home most of the morning and play with us! We had a halloween themed breakfast in bed while Brinley napped, we went walking at the park, we had a little photo shoot with our carrot girl, then we headed over to the Seamans for some Halloween fun! Here is a recap in pictures....
Well, there were pictures of our breakfast and the park, and lots of pictures of Brinley and I all dressed up together, but I made a stupid mistake while trying to transfer them from my camera to the computer and lost a ton of them! I am soooo sad!! :0(

So, the pictures pick up at the end of our photo shoot with Brinley in her costume. Luckily, I had posted a couple of the pics of Brinley and I together on Facebook last night so I was able to have those. But they won't download any bigger than this! So sad...really.



Anyways, here is the little carrot herself! Doesn't she look thrilled?!

Why I chose to make her a carrot, I have no idea! I just thought it would be funny and different, and I think we achieved that goal. She was the perfect little carrot! (sorry the pic is blurry... it's impossible for her to be still and smile like that, but I had to include it!)

Funny that Rocky would not dress up as a rabbit, but the pics of him with Brinley did not get deleted! But I'm not bitter... :0)

We went to the Seamans to pass out candy and hang out. I am so glad that Vaughanie took this picture of us together!!

We had to take some pictures of the girls before they went to bed. Here is the classic Ava/Brinley interaction-
Ava: "Oh what a funny looking thing she has on her head. I want to touch it."
Brinley: "Wow, Ava, you are such a pretty ladybug!"

Ava: " Well, maybe I'll see what happens if I grab it..."
Brinley: "Uh, Mom, what's she doing?"

Ava "Got it! Success!"
Brinley: "Oh man, not again!"

Mommies and Daddies dined on Palio's pizza then had the cupcakes that Brinley and I made for dessert. They were carrot cake...hmmm, I wonder why? I know, I can get a little carried away with themes, but they were really yummy! If you want the recipe, you can find it here on Erin's blog.

The Louis' stopped by on the their way home from a party in McKinney. Rebekah did a good job of forcing Henry the duck to take a picture with Brinley. He wasn't too jazzed about it, but we got at least one of them both looking at the camera!

Margaret Catherine Anna Gray Louis even got a pic in costume! A flower child! Vaughanie made all of us girls some cute orange flower pins. Rebekah sported hers perfectly!

The girls and their pins. We never take grown up pictures anymore, so I am glad to have this one with my sweet friends.
It was a very happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

oh brinley is the most precious thing! you did such a great jkob amy! she could have won a costume contest for sure! that dialogue between the two of them is darling!

Mary Pat said...

I saw pictures of Brinley and Henry on Rebekah's blog so I had to come over to yours and see the full photo shoot!

I'm really impressed with Brinley's carrot costume!!! Jenny is right - Brinley would have definitely won a costume contest!

Rebekah emailed me the recipe for those carrot cupcakes. She said they were delicious!

I'm so sorry about the deleted pictures!! We had that happen to us a few months back...but all of Evie's pictures from months 5 - 11 were deleted. Thank goodness for blogs (and Facebook in your case!)

ErinW said...

Brinley's costume is so cute!!! I love it!

She's the cutest carrot I have ever seen!

Unknown said...

Very cute carrot. I love that she seems so happy in her costume.