Monday, November 16, 2009

Patio Present

For my birthday this year, Rocky gave me a back patio. I had mentioned several times how I wished we had one so we could sit and enjoy the nice weather, eat dinner, or have a place to entertain. After lots of sweat, mosquito bites, frustration, and hard work, I now have one...thanks to my sweet husband. Rocky has always given me very thoughtful gifts, and this was no exception. I know he could have used his vacation time to do lots of other things, so it meant even more to me that he chose to put his time into this.

This is what was waiting for me when I got home from my spa weekend- stacks of concrete paver stones, bags of sand, and our old chair begging to be replaced!

Rocky started by pulling up the old paver stones and tearing out the grass (and transplanted it of course!)
Once he got it all dug out and leveled he covered the area with sand and started laying the tiles.
He soon ran out of tiles, so we made a quick Home Depot run to get some more.
Verena and Randy gave me some money to get new patio furniture, so that is just what we did! Fall is a great time to get outdoor furniture on sale!
I love the way it turned out! Thanks Honey!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What a sweet hubby!! It looks great!

rebekah l. louis said...

way to go dr.rock! great birthday gift.