Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Girls Birthday Getaway!

This past weekend I packed up and left my little sweetie and my big sweetie and headed to Austin for a girls weekend. My bestie Erin is turning 30 this month so she wanted her close friends to have a fun weekend to celebrate. It happened to fall on the weekend of my birthday as well so we were able to celebrate together. We stayed in the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort outside Austin near Bastrop. It was gorgeous and extremely relaxing.

Melissa, Alison, Erin, Me

Erin's birthday cake didn't survive the drive down-
but let me tell ya, don't judge that book by its cover, it was gooooood!
Erin bought a cake for me and I felt bad because mine survived without a scratch. :0/ We decided that hers tasted alot better though. What a nice gesture. :0)
On Friday night we just stayed around the hotel, sat in the hot tub, and had a fabulous dinner buffet in their restaurant. On Saturday morning we were up bright and early for a date with the spa. I didn't plan on having any treatments done but sweet Erin got me a "Texas Two Step" hand and foot massage for my birthday! No pics from this sacred time- needless to say, none of us were in photography shape at the moment! I loved the massage but also enjoyed the other spa amenities like the steam room and shower with like 8 heads! We headed from there to the San Marcus Outlet Mall where I surprisingly did very little damage. I find myself only shopping for Brinley nowadays anyway. Didn't take my camera out much as you can see.

On Saturday night we celebrated both birthdays with cake and champagne in the room.



Then we headed to dinner at a highly recommended Austin restaurant- Moonshine. It was a unique, very Austiny restaurant and we loved it! It had so many cute little nuances, but I loved the water served in mason jars and the popcorn served in galvanized buckets.

It was a fabulous way to spend my birthday weekend. I am so glad I was able to celebrate with Erin-
but I was so ready to get home to see my sweet baby girl! It was my first time to leave her and ut went very well. I felt completely comfortable leaving her in the loving and capable hands of her Daddy and her Nan.
They had lots of fun going on walks, playing with toys, and just living life as Brinley knows it.
I missed her but it was a nice refreshing break from the everyday challenges of being a Mommy. I would highly recommend it to all my Mommy friends out there!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

What a beautiful cake you made for Erin! Glad you had so much fun, you are a hard working mommy and wifey, you needed some relaxation! So proud of you for leaving her with her grandma and daddy!

Amy Mc said...

Oh Jenny, I didn't make the cake for Erin! It was from a different bakery. Don't want to take credit for that one!

Cassie said...

what fun! good for you for getting away- I am jealous! I love the lost pines resort!! fancy! and I also love moonshine! great choices!! Happy Birthday!! :)