Wednesday, November 4, 2009

She works hard for the money...

First of all, grandparents, you can stop reading now because this post actually has nothing to do with Brinley!!! That's a first in a while! Oh, alright, here's a recent pic of the little darlin. She just got this Jumperoo toy and loves it!

Anyways, I have started back to painting and making things for my little bitty side business, Amy's Doodle Dandies. I had done a couple of things here and there for people before now but I had shyed away with the arrival of Brinley and the new task of being a mommy. Here are some of the projects I have done recently-

Growth Chart for a friend from school. All she gave me was that she wanted pink with a blue background, a mermaid and a starfish. This is how I interpreted it! Love the name, Scarlett Ellerie!

My bestie Erin asked me to make a fall banner with the phrase "Happy Fall Ya'll" on it. She has to keep her Texas roots strong in OKC!

It inspired me to make a Christmas one for our house too!

About a month ago, my friend Sara asked me to paint a tree on her daughter Leighton's nursery wall. I was so nervous about this project because you can't really start over on a wall! I worked for a couple of days and I think it turned out very nicely. Her nursery is just gorgeous, so that did make for a nice backdrop! I don't have a finished picture because I forgot my camera and my phone died on me while I was there, but here is a pic of my halfway point. Hopefully Sara will send me a final photo soon!


If any of ya'll need anything painted for the holidays, let me know! My website has not been updated recently, so just email me or comment and I would be happy to doodle my dandiest for you!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

oh wow aimee, you're so talented! i especially like the wall tree, even at the halfway point. so cool!

Kristen said...

you are so talented my friend! wow! i might still recruit you to make something to put above ava's crib before she outgrows it but i haven't figured out what i am looking for.

Jenny said...

amy, you are so talented! i love how they look so homemade and cute, but professional at the same time! and oh wow, i love that christmas banner! and of course the fall one too, hmm . . . when you are here, we might have to talk "business", i might place an order or two!

ErinW said...

You're awesome, Am! I love my fall banner and lots of people have complimented it!

Kara said...

I am so impressed Amy!