Thursday, November 12, 2009

5 Months Old!

My Sweet Brinley,
You are now five months old (plus 2 days)! I can’t believe it, although I feel like this month has lasted forever because you have done so many new things. You are changing everyday and I have fallen more and more in love with you the longer I have known you.

You are one social little butterfly. You love to be around people, especially other children. You always grin from ear to ear and even sometimes chuckle when you see your friends, whether they are your age or older. You can go on and on without sleeping or eating if you are in a social environment. You want to be where the action is and that is where you are most happy. I love this about you!

You are the picture of joy and happiness. Your smile melts my heart when you look me in the eyes and flash me a big one. Your best smiles are the ones you give when someone comes to get you from your crib first thing in the morning. I am so glad your Daddy got to experience it while he had some time off. It’s genuinely like no other. You have also started this bashful sort of smile where you smile really big then turn your head and hide it from them like you’re embarrassed or something. It’s awfully adorable. You are still a bit stingy with those belly laughs but when you give them out, they are worth more than gold! I hope you can always smile and laugh at life, it’s the only way to get through lots of it!
You are so active and strong! You roll over both ways all the time. I have found you across the room from where I originally put you more than once. You especially like to find your way under the couch from your ocean play mat.
You push up on both hands and lift your head so high when you are on your tummy and I find it so adorable when you have to take a little break from it and place your head face down on the floor. I have to keep my eyes on you and childproof the house soon because you are a woman on the move! Your legs and tongue still like to go 100 miles per hour. You really love to kick hard and fast when you are in the bathtub. Daddy usually comes out with soaking wet legs from your splashes. I guess you are excited about this daily change of scenery!

You still like to talk and sing at the top of your lungs in more of a screaming, squealing dinosaurish way, especially when you are sleepy. For a couple of weeks this month you were making the most hilarious face with your tongue out, then you would blow really hard and make /p/ sounds while spitting and blowing bubbles everywhere. It was hilarious but you recently stopped doing it!
You have started to grab everything in your sight, or at least reach for it. I realized this the day I turned my head and my drink was spilled all over the table. You also have found your feet and how entertaining they are to you! You like to hold them or suck on them any time you are laying down. You are still pretty interested in your hands as well- who knew God created such fun little toys you could carry around with you all day?

Praise the Lord, this month you have gotten so much better at naps! You woke up in the middle of the night for a while but have since gone back to sleeping 9 hour stretches. I guess you were just growing and hungry. I was just sure you were teething, but I guess not because there are no signs of pearly whites yet. You are gnawing on your hand, fingers, and anything else you can get in your mouth and you are drooling profusely, so maybe they will show up any day now.

This month you took your first bite of solid food. The first time didn’t go so well, I think you only got down one or two bites, but since then you have taken to it like an old pro. You love it! You grab the spoon and lean forward to get more and more. You are very good at swallowing and using your tongue now too. I am so proud of you! You have become extremely interested in our food and you watch us like a hawk while we eat. I think you will take after both sides of your family and love to eat!

Well, Little Sister, I have one request....please stop growing up so fast! I adore this time with you and want it to last forever. I know the future as your mommy will be full of fun and excitement, but I so love you at the stage you are at right now. A thousand hugs and kisses wouldn't be enough to show you how much I love you! You are a one of a kind, precious little angel sent to me from heaven. I thank God everyday for the blessing that you are to your Daddy and I. I love you more than words can express!

XOXO,
Your Mommy

2 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

happy 5 months, you beautiful girl!

Jenny said...

Happy 5 Month Birthday Brinley! Bekah felt very special to have spent the actual day with you! All of your pictures are beautiful, just as Zack said!