Friday, March 6, 2009

Updates

Well alot has been going on in our life lately! We found a house to buy in Coppell, they accepted our offer, our inspection went well, and we found out today that the owners agreed to make the repairs we requested. Everything has gone smoothly so far and I am so thankful. Just when I start doubting God, he blesses me abundantly! Now we are just waiting on the underwriters on our mortgage and all that money stuff to come through. The house isn't officially ours yet, but things are looking good! Our "cross your fingers" closing date is March 13th. Perfect timing for a move over spring break!

I have also been working nonstop on Miss Brinley's nursery. I have finished the top of the quilt, so now it just needs to be backed with hot pink minky fabric and edged in black. The black and white polka dots take some of the brightness out of it, so I am thinking some hot pink rick rack might add just the touch I am looking for. I am really pleased with it!


My glider rocker is in but the delivery company is gracious enough to hold on to it until we move into the house. I am going to order my black jenny lind crib soon but I am still undecided on the changing table/drawers. I have placed an order for around 40 yards of ball fringe in various colors which brings joy to my heart beyond what words can express! Things are looking up!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations! The house looks great! Yall will be so close to us now! Coppell is just down the road, in fact that is where I found our pediatrician we are going to use. Let me know if you want her name. We will have to get together for lots of playdates next year!

Sari said...

Amy! Congrats y'all =) That's so exciting about the house! And I love the quilt =)

Mauri said...

hip, hip hooray!! email me and let me know where the house is. we are so excited and happy for you!!! neighbors!!!

Jenny said...

LOVE the quilt! : ) And you guys look so happy and cute infront of your precious new home!