Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pregnancy Progression- 27 Weeks


Thought this pic was more than appropriate for my pregnancy pic this week! Rocky says it looks like I am ducking, but hey, it's the best I can do with taking the pic by myself! Our apartment is full of boxes, packing tape, and wrapping paper. It's a freakin war zone!

Alright, so my last pregnancy post was wrong. For some reason I had it in my head that I was in the third trimester...but I wasn't yet! I don't know what I was thinking, but now I am officially in the third trimester! Wowsers, I can't believe it! I was just telling a friend the other day that I feel like I have been pregnant forever! I heard that would happen but never believed it would be so for me. Well, it is. I am not tired of being pregnant, it just feels like it is my new permanent state. I am still feeling good with lots of energy. Hopefully this won't change with my new trimester, although I have heard it will.
I think it is going to be really hard for me with the move this weekend. I am a take charge kinda girl, so sitting back and watching other people move stuff in for me is going to be hard! We are soooo excited about our house! I can't wait to get my hands on that nursery! I have put all crafting and sewing on hold for the week to focus on packing. The itch will have to be scratched soon after we move in. My mom is coming in next week to help with painting. From there I will be ready to roll.
This week is the first time I have felt emotionally unstable from pregnancy. This story explains it all. Just a warning, it's a mighty long story....
It all started a month or so ago when I got a dreaded jury summons in the mail. I slept in the extra 30 minutes (woo hoo), got ready, packed my bag with books, magazines, and lots of snacks then headed out the door. The first breakdown came when I was in the wrong lane in downtown Dallas, causing me to miss the entrance to the parking garage, so I had to drive around the block to do it again. After I finally got into the underground garage, I spent around 15 minutes looking for a place to park. I was freaking out because I thought I was late and was going to be forced to come back another day. After 20 circles around the garage, the tears began to flow and I pulled over to some poor unsuspecting business man and asked him where in the world I could find a parking spot. He pointed around the corner, so I drove the wrong way on a one way lane and maneuvered my little car into a spot. The hysterics didnt stop from there...let me just preface by saying that I have a bit of a phobia of parking garages. I just think only bad things happen in there. I think I don't like the trapped feeling or something...anyways. I jumped out of the car and headed to the staircase. I was completely confused, so I started going down the stairs (mind you, this is an underground garage so I should have been going up) I ended up in some abandoned area of the garage. I totally freaked out and headed back up. I was sobbing uncontrollably thinking I was going to be late or killed by some parking garage boogie man. 2 more unsuspecting victims found me and led me in the building. I babbled all the way about how I am pregnant and emotional and not too familiar with the whole jury duty process or downtown Dallas. They smiled awkwardly and helped me to the courtroom. One of the women actually felt so sorry for me that she offered to save me a seat in the waiting room. I seriously think she was worried about my emotional condition and didn't want to leave me alone! After I got settled, read a few pages of Martha and ate a little snack, I started feeling better. That is until I realized that I was juror 861 and they started from 1. So, I waited 4 hours with Martha, the iphone, and my handy dandy notepad for listing things about the new house. Right as they were getting to the 600's, the fire alarm went off! A lady came over a loud speaker and said it was a false alarm, so we all stayed put. A minute or so later we noticed all the government employees evacuating the building and an official looking man said we needed to leave as well. So, I schlepped all my jazz out to the street corner to wait and see what happened. After a few minutes, the officials came out and guaranteed that it was indeed a false alarm, so we needed to come back in. Once I got in, they started calling our names and let us go. Phew....well for a moment. Back to the dreaded hellacious parking garage. So, I honestly can't remember one thing about where I parked. I remember seeing a 2, so I get in the elevator and head to floor 2. I walked around for a minute or so, then began to panic once again that I was trapped in the garage and I couldn't find my car. I had no clue where I had parked. None. So, I ran to the elevator and picked the only floor that I thought would get me back to the light of day...and it did, but 2 blocks away from the original courthouse where I started! I called Rocky (in hysterical tears again) and told him that I had no idea what to do. I was not going back into the death trap that is a parking garage. He tried for a few minutes to problem solve and calm me down, all to no avail. His attending physician heard and told him that he could leave. So, my sweet, loving, husband in shining armor came and saved my day. He picked me up on the street and drove me around the parking garage until I found my car. What. a. day.
Rocky took me to lunch to help calm me down then I headed to World Market, Crate and Barrel, and Pier 1 to lick my wounds. I felt alot better.
So, even though those of you who have known me all of my life are not surprised by this series of unfortunate events, I am choosing to blame them all on the pregnancy. I mean really, aren't you supposed to blame forgetfulness, air headedness, irrationality, and overdrive emotions on pregnancy??? Maybe some day (after the 10 year break from jury duty I get from being a stay at home mommy) I will go back to conquer the dreaded parking garage. But until then, I will be happy as a clam in my 2 car garage in the burbs.
Well, better get back to my boxes. See you in week 29!!

5 comments:

Kara said...

That was hysterical! Thanks for sharing your story. I've had plenty of breakdowns. I don't know if I can blame them on pregnancy or not. You look great!

Kara said...

Oh I fogot to tell you, when I was called for jury duty in Dallas, I panicked about finding my way down there and parking too!! I had Bryce drop me off and pick me up, even though I had to wait for a long time. I totally understand!!

Jenny said...

Oh dear Amy! What a sad yet hilarious story! So glad your knight in shining armour came and saved you! Your pregnancy pic with the boxes is so cute, you look beautiful!

Trent and Cassie Starnes said...

How great ... I love your story!! I had many breakdowns during my pregnancy! Congrats on the house ... That is awesome and hope you have fun doing the nursery!! Your pics look great and you look so happy! Enjoy the third trimester!!

Christy said...

what a great hubby! Oh Amy, I would blamie it on the pregnacy too! Those darn hormones can really get you!!! I am glad you made it our safely. Congrats on the house! We moved when I was 7 months pregnant and it was hard to watch everyone do things for me. Just take charge and tell people where to put things - you will have lots of time to get it all organized! Hang in there!