Here's me and Miss Brinley at 23 weeks. Just thought you would like to see the ever expanding me!
Notes about the picture...1)I had to take it using my handy dandy camera remote because Rocky was at work, 2)I was rushing to leave for school, so I didn't take as many as I usually do. 3) it was early in the morning....all of which are attempts at explaining the cheese ball look on my face. Also, I am casting a nice shadow on the fridge, so remove at least 2 inches from my overall silhouette! :0)
People are starting to really comment about my belly now. My students are often found nuzzling their snotty noses into it and I think Rocky thinks it's gonna bring him luck if he rubs it enough :0). Everyone asks how far along I am and if it is a boy or a girl. Last night, we had dinner at Qdoba and the women helping us were having a fun time speaking and teaching us some spanish as we loaded up our burritos. I was doing fine with pollo, lechuga, queso, etc. so she assumed we knew a little spanish. Bad idea. At the end of the line, the woman asked (en espanol) how far along I am and Rocky answered, "veinte tres meses" (23 months!). Her eyes got really big and looked at me, so I just said 23 weeks in english. Enough already with the pretending to be bi-lingual. She cracked up and said..."oh, veinte tres semanas!" We all had a good laugh there at the register.
Here are a few other things that have happened since I last posted about pregnancy-
My mom came into town and brought 3 bags of my old baby clothes. She is very excited that I am having a girl, so she washed them all and hung them out on the line to freshen them up for Brinley Jane. My favorite thing is my "christening" dress. We don't christen in the Baptist church, but we dedicate our children in front of the church. Same kind of big hairy deal. Now, Brinley will be able to wear the same dress I wore to baby dedication! Neat!

Sari came in town to work at her old flower shop, Dr. Delphinium, for Valentines week. Jenny couldn't miss out on the fun, so she drove in from Austin and we had a little friend/ bible study group reunion at The Mint, one of our favorite asian food places. Rebekah was the only one there not pregnant! I am sure you can only imagine the conversation...
I really didn't want to post this picture because I honestly dwarf the competition. I actually had a little SAT review with Rebekah in the car afterwards and I came up with this analogy...whale is to minnow as Amy is to her other pregnant friends!!!!! Sari and I are very close in pregnancy progression and you would think I was having 2 of her baby!!! Oh well, what am I gonna do? In the words of the serenity prayer, "Oh Lord, give me serenity to handle things I cannot change"....like my huge pregnant self! Can we just blame in on my angle????
That's all the action for now. Until next time...I bid you strange dreams, lower back pain, and pickles with ice cream!


1 comment:
Amy - You look great at 23 weeks! I'm almost that big at 14 weeks!
Post a Comment