Rocky was on call last night, so my friend Becky and I decided to head to the movies to see "He's Just Not That Into You". I had no clue it was opening night of the flick, but I luckily got some tickets and planned for a fun evening with my good girlfriend.
We decided to go the Inwood Theater because it is extrememly close to my house. Let me just tell you my surprise when I entered the theater...the seating there is all couches, lounge chairs, and bean bags! I cannot even begin to tell you how much joy that brought to this pregnant girls heart! We fixed ourselves up with popcorn and M&M's (a fabulous combination) and settled in to our comfy loungechair for what I expected to be a great movie. I had been looking forward to seeing it ever since I first saw the previews. It has a loaded cast and a theme that brought me straight back to my dating days of long ago. I won't go into any details about the movie, but I had some interesting thoughts when it was all said and done.
I definitely would not score it high for "family friendly", but can I just say that I saw tons of moms there with their elementary school daughters?! Really? I guess it wasn't that bad, but I don't think it will be on tap for Brinley's and my future movie nights.
Anyways, I enjoyed the movie all in all- it was really funny in parts, it brought back a few memories of the way I acted with crushes in the past, and it was overall entertaining. But I guess I am getting old because there were parts that just made me sad about the state of our culture nowadays and the views of marriage that many people hold. It made marriage out to be kind of a bad thing and it made all girls out to be desperate. There might be some truth to it, but I guess I just like to live in my happy bubble of marriage and babies and morality.
Anyways, I would say all you ladies out there should see it. I enjoyed it, but it was definitely one that I think Rocky will be OK with missing! Let me know what you think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree with you 100% about the movie! I wasn't all that impressed and was a little disappointed. But who am I to criticize....this is all coming from a girl who sees maybe 2 movies a year!
Post a Comment