It all started on Thursday night (my bday eve) with a little celeration with my bible study group. Our sweet teacher, Lynda, made me a yummy cake and completed the package with candles and a banner. Birthday cake #1...check!
Friday morning my day started off swell with the yearly phone call/ calculator serenade from my dad. I know that sounds weird, but every year I get a phone call from Dad that starts out with the happy birthday song from this little calculator he has kept in his desk at work for as long as I can remember. I have no idea where in the world he got it, or how someone ever thought to give a calculator music playing capabilities, but it nonetheless is a very special tradition we share.
I got to school and my kids were more than excited to wish me happy birthday. I got the most beautiful roses from this sweet little girl. I had to take her picture because her sweatsuit matched them perfectly and it was like a total package!
All my co-workers were so sweet, but my lunch buddies really made my day by bringing me a delicious lunch complete with Corner Bakery chicken salad, bread, fruit, noodle kugel (I'll talk more about this one in a minute) and a delicious chocolate cake.
Birthday cake #2...check!
Every year, my Jewish buddy Gretchen makes me a noodle kugel for my birthday. It is just so delicious and yummy- I absolutely love it. She won't give me the recipe because she says that I won't need her to make it any more if she does, but I know the main ingredients are pasta, cream cheese, and butter....who can go wrong with that??
I left school right when the bell rang just because that's what you should do on your birthday. When Rocky got home, he was chomping at the bit to give me his gift. And guess what I got?????
A blogger's dream- The Nikon D60 DSLR camera!! I am sooooo excited!
Now, it's time to learn how to use this puppy. The pics in this post from here on were taken with my new camera!
My mom came into town for the evening, so she and my brother, John, took us out to the Brazilian Churrascaria for my birthday dinner. It was yummy!
Birthday cake #3...check!
This morning, we went shopping and relaxed around the apt. My best friend Erin and her husband Jeremy are on their way right now to celebrate again tonight! But that's another post...
Thanks everyone for making my birthday special!!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Amy! It looks like you've had a good one! I've read your whole blog now. I love it. It's made me miss you guys! Have a great day.
glad you had a good day!
(your hair looks good!)
Happy Birthday! you will LOVE your new camera! they are amazing!! :)
You were right, you got your camera! I'm so happy you had such an awesome birthday! : ) And it isn't over yet! What do you want for lunch on Thursday? Can't whip up a yummy little cultural dish, so La Madeline will have to do! : )
I've never seen so many beautiful cakes in one weekend!
Post a Comment