Yeah, I know, I can't really believe the title of this post, either- I have never considered myself to be a very "political" person. Don't get me wrong, I have voted in the past 2 presidential elections, but never before have I awakened on election morning thinking and worrying about the outcome. Maybe it's the fact that I have a husband in the medical field, or the fact that we actually earn 2 real paychecks now, or the difference 4 years of maturity can bring, but I am here right now with some deep thoughts on election day.
From the looks of the polls, I feel I have a good grasp on who our next president will be. Now, don't let that discourage you from going out and voting if you haven't yet! I still believe McCain can be my Texas Tech, but I am just trying to face the reality of our next 4 years. The one thing that has gone through my head over and over when I think about the future of America is this-
Our God is still on the throne. There is no election for his position! He has known the outcome of this election since the beginning of time. He is in control of my life and my future. There are alot of unknowns about the next 4 years, but let me encourage you with this-
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord Of Hosts, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
And that, Senator Obama, is a hope I can believe in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey girl! I went to bed and woke up feeling the exact same way! Phil keeps reminding me that God is still on his thrown and won't give us anything we can't handle. It is just hard know what he stands for and knowing we have a child in this world. Thanks for the encouragement! Hope you have a great day and hopefully we will see a miracle!
Love ya!
Amen Amy! Thanks for the reminder :)
Post a Comment