Sunday, October 19, 2008

I am the Cure!

This Saturday, my friend Becky and I walked in the Dallas Race for the Cure. We were on a team from our school, but everyone else ended up "sleeping in for the cure" for various reasons. We had a great time!
After the race, there are lots of free goodies. This was my favorite- Orange Cup frozen yogurt. It is soooo good!
People were killing me with their bags chock full of free stuff- there were people shuffling out of the parking lot with flats of free juice bottles and boxes of muffins! I mean, come on people, we aren't trying to stock our pantries for the winter!! Anyways...

It is so neat to see all the survivors decked out in pink. This lady was our favorite of all. Pink army men fighting for the cure!

We both felt so great when we finished. Not only did we get a good workout, but we supported an awesome cause. Maybe my $30 will help take us one step closer to a cure!

No comments: