Saturday, October 4, 2008

Boot Scootin BBQ

The young adult department of our church hosted a boot scootin BBQ last night at Eddie Dean's Ranch....and by boot scootin I do mean dancing....and yes we are BAPTIST! It was a lot of fun! We were asked to be the emcee's of the evening. I am sure we annoyed people because we continuously had to get their attention to announce upcoming events, special guests, or door prizes. We wanted to use some jokes but we honestly couldn't find any that were clean enough for a church sponsored event and actually funny. So, we stuck to our script and it went fairly well.

Here we are on stage giving out door prizes.


There was great BBQ, a sweet couple there to teach some line dances and some couple dances, some fun costumes to dress up and take pictures, and a mechanical bull...


My hero!
Here are some of my sweet friends from our Sunday School class. We are so blessed to have such a great group of christian couples.

Allison, Me, Lindsay, Marcie, Rebecca, Joanna, and Lygia

I was about to post a picture of our sweet husbands, but my camera went looney on me and all my pictures aren't showing up on my card. Oh well, I think you get the gist. It was a fun night for all!

No comments: